OK
Posted By
Ole Kvaal
Jan 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. Originally trying to find something about RAW processing in the PE5 help menu, I got this box saying that the topic I selected "is part of the Help for PhotoshopElements, which is not installed. To see this topic, install PhotoshopElements." Which I have already done. The same goes for "Glossary of terms". AFAIR, I did a reinstall of the PSE_5.0._WIN_WEB_ENG exe file last autumn, but it obviously didn’t help much.
1) Any idea what I should do? Please?
2) Also, any idea where I may find a good easy-to-understand description of working wint RAW/NEF files in PE5?

Thanks in advance,
ole k

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

H
hank
Jan 22, 2008
On Jan 18, 10:39 am, ole kvaal wrote:
Hi. Originally trying to find something about RAW processing in the PE5

Hi Ole K

There is a site that tells about RAW and a lot of people here will be glad to help you out. I use RAW on most of my JPEGS to get the basics and then go on to Elements for further editing. Try this site and on top of the page is a FORUMS label. When you get to the Forums do a search for RAW. in the search box. the site
is at http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/. Sorry I can’t help you on the Help files, I have PSE 5 and there is no help files on RAW here either so I don’t think they have much about it in Elements.

Hankw
OK
Ole Kvaal
Jan 25, 2008
hank wrote:
There is a site that tells about RAW and a lot of people here will be glad to help you out. I use RAW on most of my JPEGS to get the basics and then go on to Elements for further editing. Try this site and on top of the page is a FORUMS label. When you get to the Forums do a search for RAW. in the search box. the site
is at http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/.

Hi, Hank, and thanks a lot for your reply. I’ll go there right away.

Sorry I can’t help you on
the Help files, I have PSE 5 and there is no help files on RAW here either so I don’t think they have much about it in Elements.

Strange thing is, that I bought an Adobe PE5 Manual which refers to the Help menu rgd RAW. Anyway, I’ll look into your link and start from there. Thanks again.

best of wishes,
ole k
N
Not4wood
Jan 25, 2008
To be able to use Raw files in PE5 you will need Adobe Camera Raw I think the latest version is 3.1.1 or something like that. It lets you import Raw files, edit them slightly to prepare them to be worked in PE5.

While in Photoshop Elements Users go to the Forums called Elements Village and you will be able to get answers to your questions.

Not4wood

"ole kvaal" wrote in message
hank wrote:
is at http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/.

Hi, Hank, and thanks a lot for your reply. I’ll go there right away.
Sorry I can’t help you on
the Help files, I have PSE 5 and there is no help files on RAW here either so I don’t think they have much about it in Elements.

Strange thing is, that I bought an Adobe PE5 Manual which refers to the Help menu rgd RAW. Anyway, I’ll look into your link and start from there. Thanks again.

best of wishes,
ole k
OK
Ole Kvaal
Jan 25, 2008
Not4wood wrote:
To be able to use Raw files in PE5 you will need Adobe Camera Raw I think the latest version is 3.1.1 or something like that. It lets you import Raw files, edit them slightly to prepare them to be worked in PE5.
While in Photoshop Elements Users go to the Forums called Elements Village and you will be able to get answers to your questions.

Thanks a lot. I have already installed the RAW plug-in. I guess that by "edit them slightly" you mean that PE5 may not be the best RAW tool around? 🙂 Well, I guess I could tell. Would PE5 be somewhere to start, or would your (or anyone else’s) advice be to try a trial version of one of the other programs? Mind you, I’m a total newbie here.

best of wishes,
ole k

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections