Posted By
Joe Fitzpatrick
Dec 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
Just shot a wedding where the bride is paranoid about her double chin. Some goods shots are being spoilt by this. Have you guys any tips about reducing or removing the double chin using Photoshop CS2? Thank you in advance.
Joe

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Dec 19, 2007
"Joe Fitzpatrick" wrote in message
Hi
Just shot a wedding where the bride is paranoid about her double chin. Some goods shots are being spoilt by this. Have you guys any tips about reducing or removing the double chin using Photoshop CS2? Thank you in advance.
Hello Joe,

Would she suit a beard? 😉
Hard to say without seeing the Bride. What’s the rest of her like? Nothing less natural than a slim, toned face on another type of body. One way would be to dupe the layer and using the Healing brush, remove all shadowing in wrinkles, creases, crow’s feet etc. from the face/neck area. This results in the face looking like it is made from plastic. Then you reduce the opacity of the layer to allow the background layer to show through, complete with the original shadows etc.but which will be reduced by the upper layer. It needs practice as does all things. Another method would be to use the Liquify tool to shrink the wobbly bits, (having "frozen" the parts you don’t want affected.)but again this takes a bit of skill to make it look natural.
You could always use the Clone stamp to tidy it up as well. In the past I have even performed a lower jaw/neck "transplant" from the Bride’s younger sister with some success.
It can be very difficult making the ladies look like they think they look. 😉
I don’t envy you.

TWK
JF
Joe Fitzpatrick
Dec 28, 2007
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:03:03 -0000, "Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won
wrote:

Hi
Hello Joe,

Hard to say without seeing the Bride. What’s the rest of her like? Nothing less natural than a slim, toned face on another type of body. One way would be to dupe the layer and using the Healing brush, remove all shadowing in wrinkles, creases, crow’s feet etc. from the face/neck area. This results in the face looking like it is made from plastic. Then you reduce the opacity of the layer to allow the background layer to show through, complete with the original shadows etc.but which will be reduced by the upper layer. It needs practice as does all things. Another method would be to use the Liquify tool to shrink the wobbly bits, (having "frozen" the parts you don’t want affected.)but again this takes a bit of skill to make it look natural.
You could always use the Clone stamp to tidy it up as well. In the past I have even performed a lower jaw/neck "transplant" from the Bride’s younger sister with some success.
I don’t envy you.

TWK
Hi and thank you for your input. I was trying a similar approach but felt it was too plastic looking. In the end I used the clone tool and then selected the area and applied a slight gausian blur to smooth out some of the lines left from cloning. I then reduced this duplicate layer until I hit the sweet spot.

I think I am going to have to try and master the liquify tool, I recently read an article about its use and you have confirmed this for me.

Thank you again

Joe
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Dec 28, 2007
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:03:03 -0000, "Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won
wrote:

Hi
Hello Joe,

I don’t envy you.

TWK
Hi and thank you for your input. I was trying a similar approach but felt it was too plastic looking. In the end I used the clone tool and then selected the area and applied a slight gausian blur to smooth out some of the lines left from cloning. I then reduced this duplicate layer until I hit the sweet spot.

I think I am going to have to try and master the liquify tool, I recently read an article about its use and you have confirmed this for me.

Thank you again

Joe

Most welcome.

TWK

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections