I
Posted By
ivo
Dec 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PS CS3 freezes when loading. I just get the start of CS3 but it will not load up. I have to press "end now" to close it. When I start windows in diagnostig startup it starts.
Waht can cause the problem?

Win XP SP2

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JJ
John_Joslin
Dec 19, 2007
Do you get the splash screen?

What is loading when the application "freezes"? (It says it on the splash screen.)

Otherwise, reset your preferences as described in the FAQ.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>

You either have to physically delete (or rename) the preference files or, if using the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift method, be sure that you get a confirmation dialog.

A complete uninstall/re-install will not affect the preferences and a corrupt file there may be causing the problem.
I
ivo
Dec 19, 2007
reset your preferences didn’t help.
I can see the menu list on the top but no tools or anythink inside the big grey field. I get no error message. Sorry I am not shure what is a splash screen? Photoshop is not responding.
JJ
John_Joslin
Dec 19, 2007
The splash screen is the blue rectangle which shows the parts of Photoshop loading and then disappears.

If you can see the menus, do they work? If they do, go to Window > Workspace > Default Workspace.

If they don’t, reinstall the program.
I
ivo
Dec 19, 2007
No menu is working. I can’t see any message about loading. I already reinstalled the programm. Didn’t help.
JJ
John_Joslin
Dec 19, 2007
Is it a full price retail copy?
I
ivo
Dec 19, 2007
Yes it is. I already installed it on my notebook without any problems.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 20, 2007
If it’s not responding, it’s possible there’s a dialog open that isn’t visible on your screen. Pressing Esc will cancel the dialog. If that gets Photoshop to be responsive, set it to the default workspace as John suggested in post #3 to (hopefully) reset the dialog position.
I
ivo
Dec 20, 2007
there is no reaction when I press Esc. Still the sandglass is running.
L
LenHewitt
Dec 20, 2007
When I start windows in diagnostig startup it starts.<<

Then you have something loading that is conflicting with Photoshop.

From Start>Run type in msconfig.

Then select selective startup and by disabling startup and services selectively, determine what it is that is causing your conflict
I
ivo
Dec 20, 2007
I already did this. The FLEXnet Licensing Service is one problem. It is the first install and I didn’t get the box to enter the serial number.
L
LenHewitt
Dec 20, 2007
It is the first install<<

Call Adobe Customer support – installation issues are handles free-of-charge.

You will be asked for a CC # but you won’t be charged.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections