Error: "Could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of

PW
Posted By
Peter_Wagner
Dec 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Good morning.

I use Photoshop CS2 both at work and at home. I brought some files home with me this weekend to get some work done. This never used to be an issue. However this weekend as I tried to open my work file at home I got the error:

"Could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop"

Nothing I did would allow me to open my work file at home. So I started over from scratch with a new document assuming my file was correupt. Now this time I’m trying to bring my files from home to work. And I got the same message:

"Could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop"

So where I’m at is I can work on my work files are work with no problem and my home files at home with no problem. But they no longer seem to want to work with each other any more.

Any tips on how I can get the files to open on each machine?

Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PW
Peter_Wagner
Dec 17, 2007
Actually, I think I fixed this. I cleared the prefs on both computers, made sure each had up-to-date updates and tried resaving. Seems to work now. I should have tried this before posting…
P
Peter
Dec 19, 2007
wrote in message
Good morning.

I use Photoshop CS2 both at work and at home. I brought some files home with me this weekend to get some work done. This never used to be an issue. However this weekend as I tried to open my work file at home I got the error:

Nothing I did would allow me to open my work file at home. So I started over from scratch with a new document assuming my file was correupt. Now this time I’m trying to bring my files from home to work. And I got the same message:

So where I’m at is I can work on my work files are work with no problem and my home files at home with no problem. But they no longer seem to want to work with each other any more.

Any tips on how I can get the files to open on each machine?
Thanks!

Have you tried changing your preferences to save for maximum compatibility?

Peter

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections