Posted By
Marc Huysmans
Nov 25, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hallo,

Can someone help me please? I recently bought myself a printer, a HP Photosmart C5180. I have always had HP printers. One problems which keeps occuring is that when I scan bright coloured photos I mostly get yellowish curbs/bars on it when there is too much orange, white,.. in it. (Gaussian curbs???) I don’t seem to to find the right remedy in Photoshop Elements (fading the colours, working on grid, …). Some say you have to calibrate your screen first for which you need a special program. Can someone show me the way, give me some hints how I can solve this problem.

Many thanks
Marc H
Antwerp – Belgium

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

D
DotCom
Nov 25, 2007
I have an HP Photosmart 8450 that consistently produced incorrect looking color prints because it was not seeing the same thing I was seeing on my monitor. It was not until I calibrated my monitor with the Spyder 2 from Colorvision that my print outs improved by 90%. I have yet to calibrate the printer but so far with this much improvement I haven’t had to do so. Here is a link to their web site if you care to do this. There are other brands that do the same thing as well.
http://www.colorvision.com/
dot

"Marc Huysmans" wrote in message
Hallo,

Can someone help me please? I recently bought myself a printer, a HP Photosmart C5180. I have always had HP printers. One problems which keeps occuring is that when I scan bright coloured photos I mostly get yellowish curbs/bars on it when there is too much orange, white,.. in it. (Gaussian curbs???) I don’t seem to to find the right remedy in Photoshop Elements (fading the colours, working on grid, …). Some say you have to calibrate your screen first for which you need a special program. Can someone show me the way, give me some hints how I can solve this problem.
Many thanks
Marc H
Antwerp – Belgium

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections