JT
Posted By
Jim tarloff
Nov 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anybody having difficulties with making panoramas in PW 6. When I select File -> New – . (choose) Photomerge Panorama… I receive the following error – Error 1: Unable to create Window – Internal error. Line 364 – > var w = new Window(res);

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

F
Fritzsch
Nov 21, 2007
In article , says…
Anybody having difficulties with making panoramas in PW 6. When I select File -> New – . (choose) Photomerge Panorama… I receive the following error – Error 1: Unable to create Window – Internal error. Line 364 – > var w = new Window(res);

Until now I had no real problem with Photomerge Panorama in PSE 6, which, BTW, is much better than in PSE 5, and the versions before.

As a matter of fact Photomerge is REALLY hungry for RAM. I tried to make a panorama out of 8 pictures with 10 MPixels each. A 2.6 GHz P4 with 512 MB RAM gave up, but a 2.66 GHz DualCore Xeon with 3 GB RAM had no problems at all 😉
———————————————————— ————- Ralf Fritzsch
Bundesanstalt fuer Wasserbau Federal Waterways Engineering and Research Dienststelle Kueste Institute – Department Hamburg ———————————————————— ————- Unix _IS_ user friendly – it’s just selective about who its friends are. ———————————————————— ————-
JT
Jim tarloff
Nov 21, 2007
I’m using a Pentium DuoCore 2.4 Ghz with 4 gig ram. I know system only recognizes 3 gig but that’s a moot point. I have had a problem with panoramas with my older Pentium 3.2 GHz & PE5. It’s gotta be a problem with Vista.

"Ralf Fritzsch" wrote in message
In article ,
says…
Anybody having difficulties with making panoramas in PW 6. When I select File -> New – . (choose) Photomerge Panorama… I receive the following error – Error 1: Unable to create Window – Internal error. Line 364 – > var
w = new Window(res);

Until now I had no real problem with Photomerge Panorama in PSE 6, which, BTW, is much better than in PSE 5, and the versions before.
As a matter of fact Photomerge is REALLY hungry for RAM. I tried to make a panorama out of 8 pictures with 10 MPixels each. A 2.6 GHz P4 with 512 MB RAM gave up, but a 2.66 GHz DualCore Xeon with 3 GB RAM had no problems at all 😉
Bundesanstalt fuer Wasserbau Federal Waterways Engineering and Research Dienststelle Kueste Institute – Department Hamburg ———————————————————— ————- Unix _IS_ user friendly – it’s just selective about who its friends are. ———————————————————— ————-
JT
Jim tarloff
Nov 21, 2007
I just did the most obvious solution when one runs into a difficulty of this ilk. I uninstalled PE6 and reinstalled the program – tires of screwing around with the options – and all is now working! Wonder what I did???

"jimrx4" wrote in message
I’m using a Pentium DuoCore 2.4 Ghz with 4 gig ram. I know system only recognizes 3 gig but that’s a moot point. I have had a problem with panoramas with my older Pentium 3.2 GHz & PE5. It’s gotta be a problem with Vista.

"Ralf Fritzsch" wrote in message
In article ,
says…
Anybody having difficulties with making panoramas in PW 6. When I select File -> New – . (choose) Photomerge Panorama… I receive the following error – Error 1: Unable to create Window – Internal error. Line 364 – > var
w = new Window(res);

As a matter of fact Photomerge is REALLY hungry for RAM. I tried to make a panorama out of 8 pictures with 10 MPixels each. A 2.6 GHz P4 with 512 MB RAM gave up, but a 2.66 GHz DualCore Xeon with 3 GB RAM had no problems
at all 😉
DS
Dick Snyder
Dec 15, 2007
"jimrx4" wrote in message
I have used a free standalone program called Autostitch for several years with great results. It will also stitch an n x m array of photos. If you want to experiment even though you have fixed your problem with a reinstall, you can try here:

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/panorama/panorama.html

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections