KM
Posted By
Kent McPherson
Nov 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My pictures printed on my HP Photosmart 8250 printer are fading out. They look great when first printed but over time (several weeks), they fade out. I’m using HP ink and HP premium photo paper. Pictures didn’t fade from my old Photosmart 7350 printer. Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do about it?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JM
Joseph Meehan
Nov 19, 2007
What paper(s) were recommended in the 8250 manual? Did they include HP premium photo paper?

"Kent McPherson" wrote in message
My pictures printed on my HP Photosmart 8250 printer are fading out. They look great when first printed but over time (several weeks), they fade out. I’m using HP ink and HP premium photo paper. Pictures didn’t fade from my old Photosmart 7350 printer. Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do about it?

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit
M
Morton
Nov 23, 2007
Kent McPherson wrote:

Are your ink cartridges and paper genuine HP items? I can’t conceive of how genuine HP paper and cartridges could lead to fading, which I have have never had in 10 years of HP printing.

If your inks and papers are genuine, and your printer settings are correct, then I suggest that you contact HP support. If your printer is manually set for the wrong paper, conceivably too little ink is being squirted onto the paper.

Good luck.

Morton Linder
KM
Kent McPherson
Nov 23, 2007
Yes, I’m using HP Viviera inks and HP Premium paper. The two came together as a packaged deal. I contacted HP support and it’s like they don’t read what you tell them. There suggestion was to make sure I’m using HP Viviera inks and HP Premium paper. Ugh.

"Morton" wrote in message
Kent McPherson wrote:

Are your ink cartridges and paper genuine HP items? I can’t conceive of how genuine HP paper and cartridges could lead to fading, which I have have never had in 10 years of HP printing.

If your inks and papers are genuine, and your printer settings are correct, then I suggest that you contact HP support. If your printer is manually set for the wrong paper, conceivably too little ink is being squirted onto the paper.

Good luck.

Morton Linder
S
steve
Nov 23, 2007
On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 07:10:00 -0500, "Kent McPherson" wrote:

Yes, I’m using HP Viviera inks and HP Premium paper. The two came together as a packaged deal. I contacted HP support and it’s like they don’t read what you tell them. There suggestion was to make sure I’m using HP Viviera inks and HP Premium paper. Ugh.

The last time I contacted HP support about a paper feed problem I got a similar useless response. It seems to be a standard reply to all enquires regardless of the problem with no option to take it any further.

Steve

Neural Planner Software Ltd

http://www.easynn.com
http://www.tropheus.demon.co.uk
JU
jclarke.usenet
Nov 23, 2007
Kent McPherson wrote:

Probably some environmental factor that they didn’t consider in the accelerated aging tests.

Just a tip–tech support is generally organized in three tiers–tier one reads a script, tier 2 is an experienced technician, tier 3 is an engineer. For the problem you’re having, if you’re doing everything that you’re supposed to be doing (which the Tier 1 guy is supposed to find out by going through his script), you probably need to talk to tier 3.

You don’t generally get to tier 3 by email, you’ll get a tier 1 guy going through his script in very slow motion. You really need to call, let the tier 1 guy go through his script and escalate you to tier 2, let him determine that it’s not a defective product and escalate you to tier 3 and then if there’s anything that can be done about it he’ll do it. On the other hand if it’s a new problem involving ink chemistry then all they can really do is add it to the to-do list.

"Morton" wrote in message
Kent McPherson wrote:
My pictures printed on my HP Photosmart 8250 printer are fading out.
They look great when first printed but over time (several weeks), they fade out. I’m using HP ink and HP premium photo paper. Pictures didn’t fade from my old Photosmart 7350 printer. Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do about it?

Are your ink cartridges and paper genuine HP items? I can’t conceive
of how genuine HP paper and cartridges could lead to fading, which I
have have never had in 10 years of HP printing.

If your inks and papers are genuine, and your printer settings are correct, then I suggest that you contact HP support. If your printer
is manually set for the wrong paper, conceivably too little ink is being squirted onto the paper.

Good luck.

Morton Linder

–John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
P
Plaincity
Nov 23, 2007
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Kent McPherson wrote:
Has this happened with only this one package of paper and ink you have?

Or, have you had this happen over multiple packages you have purchased?

What I’m driving at is, could you have a defective package of product this one time?

Is there any way you could try the ink and paper you have in another printer to see if it yields the same results. Difficult to do, I know, but a thought I had that might show if it is your printer or the paper/ink combination you have.
KM
Kent McPherson
Nov 26, 2007
I can try the paper but not the ink. I’ll let you know.

"Plaincity" wrote in message
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Kent McPherson wrote:
Has this happened with only this one package of paper and ink you have?
Or, have you had this happen over multiple packages you have purchased?
What I’m driving at is, could you have a defective package of product this one time?

Is there any way you could try the ink and paper you have in another printer to see if it yields the same results. Difficult to do, I know, but a thought I had that might show if it is your printer or the paper/ink combination you have.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections