JC
Posted By
Jean_Claude
Mar 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I since recently get pale images, after six monts OK; the pictures are sill Ok with other visualisers: they are only pale when openning them; I tried a new install last week, and it was fine for a few days; now returned to watered pictures!
Any ideas other than removing any sign of PE inside the windows register ( uninstall does not remove all the keys)?
Thanks a lot for any help!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jhjl1
Mar 6, 2004
Have you changed your color management settings recently? Has the source of your photos changed?

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
I since recently get pale images, after six monts OK; the pictures are
sill Ok with other visualisers: they are only pale when openning them; I tried a new install last week, and it was fine for a few days; now returned to watered pictures!
Any ideas other than removing any sign of PE inside the windows
register ( uninstall does not remove all the keys)?
Thanks a lot for any help!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Mar 6, 2004
sounds like you need to delete preferences. As soon as you click on app icon to open it ( assuming you have a desktop shortcut 😉 )hold down ctrl+alt+shift….quick fingers is what you need…you’ll get a pop up asking if you want to delete prefs…say " ya sure OK "…and that may take care of it….let us know.
JC
Jean_Claude
Mar 7, 2004
Thanks for this information: it’s difficult to test now, because I reinstalled totally PE; I checked of course that there is no change in color management before, and this is very limited with PE.
To answer jhjl1 , nothing changed in mu image sources, and the old image got the same appearance as the new ones; but no change with other visualisers.(the image was not damaged, only its visualisation).
BH
Beth_Haney
Mar 7, 2004
Jean Claude, when you did a complete uninstall/reinstall, did you do a separate search for that Preference folder and delete it manually? If you didn’t, the old one is still on your computer and operational, because uninstall doesn’t remove it. Try Jodi’s suggestion to delete Preferences through the keyboard shortcut and see if that makes a difference.
JC
Jean_Claude
Mar 7, 2004
Yes I deleted everything related to PE, even the folder, and reinstalled it in an other directory. I’ll try deleting preferences if the pboblem occurs again!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections