Samsung – Natural Color Pro 1.0 ICM" appears defective.

BR
Posted By
bassam_radi
Dec 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
when i start Photoshop CS3 this error msg appear

my monitor is SyncMaster 2232BW

I have read many post about this problme but i didn’t understand how to solve this problem

hope someone explan to me "in easy word"

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Dec 14, 2007
It means you have to (re)calibrate and profile the monitor.

Rob
BR
bassam_radi
Dec 15, 2007
what do u mean by "(re)calibrate and profile the monitor"

what do i have to do exactly ?
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Dec 15, 2007
You have once installed that profile, you can try that again.

Or use a hardware device like Spider, or X-rite to calibrate and profile the monitor.

Or, if you have Adobe Gamma in Control Panel, use that (not ideal)

Rob
I
ID._Awe
Dec 31, 2007
I had the same issue with a Samsung monitor. Their icms are crude and not reliable.
ML
MARIA_LUKAC
Apr 24, 2008
You guys are awesome! You saved me from pulling my hair out! They just replaced my old monitor at work with the Samsung SyncMaster 206BW I had shapes that looked elliptical on the screen that printed round if I tried to correct them for the screen then they printed elliptical! I had other placed images in PageMaker that looked fine on screen but printed stretched out. I also had the color problems you spoke about. I used all of the information you suggested and it fixed the colors and the image shape issues. I up-dated my video card driver as suggested but it still
didn’t have the preferred setting of 1440×900. I found that I had to set it for the maximum (1680 x 1050 pixels) in order for the on screen image issue to correct itself.

Thanks again!

Maria
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 24, 2008
For the record LCD monitors should always be run at native resolution/aspect ratio.

Most have it prominently shown on the packaging.

Other values may work but will normally result in degradation of the on-screen image.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Apr 25, 2008
Today’s LCD Plug and Play monitors tell the video card what their native resolution is, and it is the maximum one listed. Always set an LCD to its maximum resolution in the video driver dialog.
RV
Richard_Valenzuela
Apr 26, 2008
Rob K. Iv looked everywhere in my PC, Adobe Gamma Control Panel is nowhere to be found. Do you know how to get it running?
R.V.
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 26, 2008
See your other post!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections