TP
Posted By
Tim_Pinion
Dec 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hopefully someone can give me a hand with this.

I’m running cs3 its a fresh install on a brand new computer. I have a droplet that takes the .pdf file resizes it does an auto levels on the image and then is suppose to save the original file back. for some reason when the .pdf file is sent to the droplet after the file is rasterized the droplet doesn’t continue on. I have this same droplet process running on cs2 on a different computer and it works like a champ. If I open the file up in cs3 and manually run the action that the droplet was built on it works fine.

Anybody have any ideas on what is differnt from cs2’s droplets to cs3’s?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DR
Danny_Raphael
Dec 15, 2007
Don’t have CS3 installed yet, so I’m fishing/rambling here…

———

To confirm: .pdf, not .psd, correct?

———

re: the Droplet .exe in question

Is this the same .exe (or copy of the .exe) you were using under CS2 or did you make a replacement under CS3?

———

Is it failing on any/all .pdf files or just certain ones?

———

Destination: Save and close, true?

———

For grins I would try to:
a. Run the droplet created on CS3 under CS3
b. Run the droplet created on CS2 under CS3
c. Run the droplet created on CS3 under CS2

You should be able to further nail down the failing component based on which combinations above work/don’t work.

=========

Keep me posted on how it goes/what you discover.
DR
Danny_Raphael
Dec 16, 2007
Interesting recent thread semi-related:
<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?128@@.3c0579f1>

Does any of this apply?
TP
Tim_Pinion
Dec 17, 2007
Yeah I’ve run it as the old cs2 droplet and and recreated the droplet with cs3 and get the same result. Running the cs3 droplet in cs2 gives an error: open parameters not vaild.

It works on .jpg files and If I take a .pdf file, open it up in cs3 and run the action that the droplet was created on save it and then take that same file and execute the droplet with it the droplet it will also run fine. It seems to have something to do with the rasterizing of the .pdf file when photoshop first opens it. I’m starting to think that the droplet is trying to perform its functions before the rastering is completed.

Save and close is checked.

As far as the above post I read though that earlier as well. I’m not getting any errors when the file opens up.

Thanks for the help.
DR
Danny_Raphael
Dec 17, 2007
Looks like you’ve got your testing/troubleshooting duck in order. Well done in that regard…

Same results on 1 page .pdf vs. 50 page .pdf I assume?

In any event it looks like a legit glitch worthy of a bug report to Adobe. 🙁
TP
Tim_Pinion
Dec 17, 2007
Yeah thats what I was afraid of. oh and FYI same result with multi page .pdf’s as well.

Thanks for your help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections