Posted By
zart
Dec 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi folks,
I’m using PS Cs3 extended in coreduo,intel based grap.card windows xp home ed.laptop.I can run 3dsmax 9 easily.
I can’t load any 3ds files to ps,and my Cs3 doesn’t have any 3d tools ,so what is my problem? Can anyone help me please?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
PeterK.
Dec 14, 2007
3ds max format is not supported. Other formats like .3ds or .obj and others are. Check the documentation for a full list of supported formats.
Z
zart
Dec 14, 2007
Yeah I know .max files are not supported but what I’m trying to figure out is why can’t I open .3ds or .obj files in ps cs3 extended.
I read all of support and help files in both the ps help and most of the forums,it is told how to open .3ds and .obj files step by step,I tried exactly the help files said still cant solve my problem Is my PS Cs3 extended fake? or is there any software problems?
JO
Jim_Oblak
Dec 14, 2007
Why would you suspect you have a ‘fake’?

Did you make the 3DS and OBJ files yourself? Maybe there is a conversion error somewhere. Try downloading a free model somewhere to see if that works.
DM
Don_McCahill
Dec 14, 2007
Perhaps it is fake. You should contact the people who sold it to you. Would that be Adobe, or someone else?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections