W
Posted By
wee
Oct 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HI i am new here and to photoshop i did post and no answer also searched the posts and still no clear description on this. I want to know how do i make a background white in my pictures. I know there is all kinds of tools to use and i know how to use them just not sure for example when i use the eraser and have filled the background in what do i do next? Is there any step by step insrtuctions for this?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RC
Richard Crowley
Oct 4, 2007
"wee" wrote …
HI i am new here and to photoshop i did post and no answer also searched the posts and still no clear description on this. I want to know how do i make a background white in my pictures. I know there is all kinds of tools to use and i know how to use them just not sure for example when i use the eraser and have filled the background in what do i do next? Is there any step by step insrtuctions for this?

Those sound pretty much like the steps:
1) Remove the background (make it transparent)
2) Position a layer of white under the foreground image.

So if you already did that, why do you think its not working?
K
Kedunk
Mar 30, 2008
On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 05:46:58 -0700, wee wrote:

Path: textbe01-phx!hwmnpeer02.phx!hw-filter.phx!hwmnpeer01.phx!hwm npeer01.lga!news.highwinds-media.com!news.glorb.com!postnews .google.com!d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: adobe.photoshop.elements
Subject: Making Backgrounds white
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 05:46:58 -0700
Organization: http://groups.google.com
Lines: 7
Message-ID:
NNTP-Posting-Host: 24.78.82.201
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" X-Trace: posting.google.com 1191415618 7373 127.0.0.1 (3 Oct 2007 12:46:58 GMT) X-Complaints-To:
NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 12:46:58 +0000 (UTC)
User-Agent: G2/1.0
X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
Complaints-To:
Injection-Info: d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com; posting-host=24.78.82.201; posting-account=ps2QrAMAAAA6_jCuRt2JEIpn5Otqf_w0
Xref: Hurricane-Charley adobe.photoshop.elements:9380
X-Received-Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 05:47:08 MST (textbe01-phx) X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 080330-0, 03/30/2008), Inbound message X-Antivirus-Status: Clean

The easiest way is to select the background. I found this to be the easiest method to select the background. It’s kind of backwards. But, it works.

Select the FOREGROUND that you want to remain. There are several methods. Once selected, click Select in the menu bar. Click Inverse. This reverses your selection.
Hit the delete key on your keyboard. This deletes the background. Create a new white layer.
Make sure the new layer is beneath your layer with the foreground. You can look at the layers to the left. If your white layer is above the one with the foreground, click and drag it down so it’s lower on the list. Now, you can either click save as and save it as a jpg file, or click Layer/Flatten layers.

Hope this helps.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections