CC
Posted By
Curtis Croulet
Jun 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I connect my camera to upload photos, PE 4.0 automatically "fixes" what it imagines to be red-eye. The results are sometimes bizarre and often ruinous. Can this be defeated?

Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RG
Roy G
Jun 4, 2007
"Curtis Croulet" wrote in message
When I connect my camera to upload photos, PE 4.0 automatically "fixes" what it imagines to be red-eye. The results are sometimes bizarre and often ruinous. Can this be defeated?

Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California
M
MyVeryOwnSelf
Jun 4, 2007

I had the same experience. I disabled the PE downloader by using: Edit > Preferences > Camera or card reader
and clearing the check box for "Use Adobe Photo downloader"

Instead, I use the downloader that came with my Canon camera. To me it’s more user-friendly to separate downloading from image processing.

I’d just use file copy in Windows, except that the Canon software puts the photos in the correct orientation (landscape or portrait). The camera has an internal sensor and tags each photo with the camera’s orientation. OK, so this image processing is all right with me.

The Canon software can retain the camera’s internal numbering, which helps me keep track of the photos.
CC
Curtis Croulet
Jun 8, 2007
Thanks. This is a Nikon Coolpix 4500, and, IIRC, the Nikon software doesn’t work under Win XP. I forget — I long ago gave up trying to get it to work on this computer.

Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections