Z
Posted By
ZR
May 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I often have to circle an area on a photo in order to attrack the attention of the viewer to a specific detail.

All the circles in my PE 2.0 are opaque (with choices of colors in them). Does PE 5 have a provision for transparent circles/rectangles ?

If not – is there an easy way to do that ?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

GA
Gerry Atrick
May 18, 2007
"ZR" wrote in message
|I often have to circle an area on a photo in order to attrack the | attention of the viewer to a specific detail.
|
| All the circles in my PE 2.0 are opaque (with choices of colors in | them). Does PE 5 have a provision for transparent circles/rectangles | ?
|
| If not – is there an easy way to do that ?

have you looked in the Artwork and Effects palette under Shapes? There are circles there that are clear.
Gerry
Z
ZR
May 18, 2007
On Fri, 18 May 2007 22:19:58 +0100, "Gerry Atrick" wrote:

"ZR" wrote in message
|I often have to circle an area on a photo in order to attrack the | attention of the viewer to a specific detail.
|
| All the circles in my PE 2.0 are opaque (with choices of colors in | them). Does PE 5 have a provision for transparent circles/rectangles | ?
|
| If not – is there an easy way to do that ?

have you looked in the Artwork and Effects palette under Shapes? There are circles there that are clear.
Gerry

Sorry my PE is Vr. 3.0
I don’t see any "Shapes" selection on my screen….?

I can select circle, rectangle and oval – no problem, but can’t have their center transparent…. and that is what I need.
C
Charley
May 19, 2007
When I want to do this I usually make a circular or elipse selection and then change the brightness within the selected area or "stroke" the selection, creating a line of several pixels wide and a contrasting color around the edge of the selection.

Charley

"ZR" wrote in message
I often have to circle an area on a photo in order to attrack the attention of the viewer to a specific detail.

All the circles in my PE 2.0 are opaque (with choices of colors in them). Does PE 5 have a provision for transparent circles/rectangles ?

RS
Robert Schuldenfrei
May 19, 2007
"ZR" wrote in message

Hi ZR and Newsgroup,

I do not know if this NG permits pictures. If so I will post it. Here is what works for me (PSE 5.0):

1/ Construct a circle with the Marquee tool.
2/ Make it a layer via Copy. Focus on the new layer.
3/ Using Artwork & Effects | Layer Style | Wow Neon
4/ Double click the "sunburst" icon to bring up the Style Settings. 5/ Select Glow with a 5 px Size for the Outer Glow.

You should see your image with a "shocking" colored circle around the area of interest.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bob
C
catfish
May 20, 2007
"Robert Schuldenfrei" wrote:
I do not know if this NG permits pictures.

no – this is a "text" group, not a "binaries" group. the word "binaries" is not in the group name.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections