Z
Posted By
ZR
May 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I often have to circle an area on a photo in order to attrack the attention of the viewer to a specific detail.

All the circles in my PE 2.0 are opaque (with choices of colors in them). Does PE 5 have a provision for transparent circles/rectangles ?

If not – is there an easy way to do that ?

Powered by Creative Market

GA
Gerry Atrick
May 18, 2007
"ZR" wrote in message
|I often have to circle an area on a photo in order to attrack the | attention of the viewer to a specific detail.
|
| All the circles in my PE 2.0 are opaque (with choices of colors in | them). Does PE 5 have a provision for transparent circles/rectangles | ?
|
| If not – is there an easy way to do that ?

have you looked in the Artwork and Effects palette under Shapes? There are circles there that are clear.
Gerry
Z
ZR
May 18, 2007
On Fri, 18 May 2007 22:19:58 +0100, "Gerry Atrick" wrote:

"ZR" wrote in message
|I often have to circle an area on a photo in order to attrack the | attention of the viewer to a specific detail.
|
| All the circles in my PE 2.0 are opaque (with choices of colors in | them). Does PE 5 have a provision for transparent circles/rectangles | ?
|
| If not – is there an easy way to do that ?

have you looked in the Artwork and Effects palette under Shapes? There are circles there that are clear.
Gerry

Sorry my PE is Vr. 3.0
I don’t see any "Shapes" selection on my screen….?

I can select circle, rectangle and oval – no problem, but can’t have their center transparent…. and that is what I need.
C
Charley
May 19, 2007
When I want to do this I usually make a circular or elipse selection and then change the brightness within the selected area or "stroke" the selection, creating a line of several pixels wide and a contrasting color around the edge of the selection.

Charley

"ZR" wrote in message
I often have to circle an area on a photo in order to attrack the attention of the viewer to a specific detail.

All the circles in my PE 2.0 are opaque (with choices of colors in them). Does PE 5 have a provision for transparent circles/rectangles ?

RS
Robert Schuldenfrei
May 19, 2007
"ZR" wrote in message

Hi ZR and Newsgroup,

I do not know if this NG permits pictures. If so I will post it. Here is what works for me (PSE 5.0):

1/ Construct a circle with the Marquee tool.
2/ Make it a layer via Copy. Focus on the new layer.
3/ Using Artwork & Effects | Layer Style | Wow Neon
4/ Double click the "sunburst" icon to bring up the Style Settings. 5/ Select Glow with a 5 px Size for the Outer Glow.

You should see your image with a "shocking" colored circle around the area of interest.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bob
C
catfish
May 20, 2007
"Robert Schuldenfrei" wrote:
I do not know if this NG permits pictures.

no – this is a "text" group, not a "binaries" group. the word "binaries" is not in the group name.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections