JH
Posted By
Jim_Hess
Dec 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I went through the beta program with Photoshop CS3, and eventually installed the released version. I used the special utility Adobe made available for removing the beta. I haven’t used Photoshop CS2 at all since I made the change. So I decided to finally remove CS2 the other night. I created a system restore point as a safeguard against problems. After the removal, I discovered that Adobe Gamma was removed and that destroyed my monitor profile that I had so painstakingly worked on. I did a system restore, thinking that I could get everything back, but all I got was a message that my system had not changed. So, now I have no Adobe Gamma. Not a big problem, I guess, because I was able to use a utility that came with my video card to get my monitor to where it should be.

Additionally, Lightroom lost its association with Photoshop CS3 after I uninstalled CS2. I guess all I’m asking is what did I do wrong? Windows XP Home, 1 GB RAM, all Windows updates installed.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 9, 2007
Reinstall CS2, copy Adobe Gamma and Gamma Loader to a safe place, uninstall, and move Adobe Gamma and Gamma loader back where they were.
B
Buko
Dec 10, 2007
Or do what the pros do use a hardware calibrator.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections