How do I…..Copy an area from one photo and paste it into another?

VY
Posted By
vegas_Y_hiker
Jan 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Here is the problem..Using PSE v5.
I have a photo (call it photo A) that I really want to use, but the entire sky was washed out due to the sun position and the angle I had to take the photo from (taken while cross country hiking). I have another photo (photo B) from the same hike that the sky came out great with perfect color, and a few wispy clouds.
What I would like to do is cut out the sky from photo B and paste it into photo A.
The problem is that there are rock formations along the horizon of both photos that make just cutting & pasting impossible. I need to be able to take the source sky from B, and underlay into A so that the rock formations jut up into the sky without being pasted over. I’d also need to be able to adjust where the sky is going so that the rock formtions that were in photo B won’t show after it’s pasted into A.

Thanks for the assistance. I am still trying to learn from the PSE v5 Missing Manual book, but don’t how to do what I need to do in the book.

Thanks in advance.
Remove the _Y_ from my address to reply via email.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RG
Roy G
Jan 28, 2007
wrote in message

Hi.

It will be simpler to do it the other way.

Copy the bottom section of Print A and Paste it into Print B. That way the Foreground and Rocks Layer will be above the Sky Layer, and hide the foreground on Print B.

Have both pictures open.

In A select the area you want using one of the Selection Tools. Then Edit
Copy

Click somewhere in B so that it becomes active ( window border changes to brighter blue). Then Edit > Paste.

B will now have 2 layers. You can move the top layer around as much as you like using the "Move" tool, while that layer is active. If it is the wrong size you can change it by using "Transform".

Tidy up the edge between the layers using the eraser at an in-between opacity.

Roy G
B
Bill
Jan 29, 2007
wrote in message
I have a photo (call it photo A) that I really want to use, but the entire sky was washed out due to the sun position and the angle I had to take the photo from (taken while cross country hiking). I have another photo (photo B) from the same hike that the sky came out great with perfect color, and a few wispy clouds.
What I would like to do is cut out the sky from photo B and paste it into photo A.
The problem is that there are rock formations along the horizon of both photos that make just cutting & pasting impossible. I need to be able to take the source sky from B, and underlay into A so that the rock formations jut up into the sky without being pasted over. I’d also need to be able to adjust where the sky is going so that the rock formtions that were in photo B won’t show after it’s pasted into A.
Thanks for the assistance. I am still trying to learn from the PSE v5 Missing Manual book, but don’t how to do what I need to do in the book.

Thanks in advance.
Remove the _Y_ from my address to reply via email.

Here is another method but may not work as well as Roys answer as far as the rocks thingy goes, but worth a read

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pselements/ss/replacedullsk y.htm

Bill
RG
Roy G
Jan 29, 2007
"Bill" wrote in message
wrote in message

Here is another method but may not work as well as Roys answer as far as the rocks thingy goes, but worth a read

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pselements/ss/replacedullsk y.htm
Bill
That is a much better and more controlled way of doing it.

Roy G

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections