S
Posted By
SunnyHazel
Jan 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In searching the web for an answer to my question I came across this group and thought maybe someone here could help me. I’ve just started using Elements 5 so maybe it’s just operator error.

Anyway, when I go to Save for Web, it tells me "The image exceeds the size Save for Web was designed for. You may experience out of memory erros and slow performance. Are you sure you want to continue?" It tells me this no matter what size the image is I have opened.

If this makes sense to anyone, I would greatly appreciate some help. Thank you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RG
Roy G
Jan 15, 2007
"SunnyHazel" wrote in message
In searching the web for an answer to my question I came across this group and thought maybe someone here could help me. I’ve just started using Elements 5 so maybe it’s just operator error.

Anyway, when I go to Save for Web, it tells me "The image exceeds the size Save for Web was designed for. You may experience out of memory erros and slow performance. Are you sure you want to continue?" It tells me this no matter what size the image is I have opened.
If this makes sense to anyone, I would greatly appreciate some help. Thank you.

Hi.

I don’t have 5, but this can happen with any version.

I have just experimented, and it does not seem to happen with images which are under 2800 x 2000 pixels.

When you say "no matter the size" are you talking about the number of Pixels or the size in inches. The only size which matters is the number of pixels.

Before "Saving for Web" I always resize my images, ( by reducing the number of pixels ), to suit the website. Then use "Save for Web".

You do this by ticking the "Resample Image" box in the Resize Dialogue under "Image", then changing the numbers for the pixels. Keep "Constrain Proportions" ticked.

Roy G
S
SunnyHazel
Jan 15, 2007
Thanks, Roy. I’ll try that as soon as I get back to my home computer. I assumed changing the size in inches completely changed the size. I’ve got a lot to learn!

On Jan 15, 4:29 am, "Roy G" wrote:

If this makes sense to anyone, I would greatly appreciate some help. Thank you.Hi.

I have just experimented, and it does not seem to happen with images which are under 2800 x 2000 pixels.

When you say "no matter the size" are you talking about the number of Pixels or the size in inches. The only size which matters is the number of pixels.
Before "Saving for Web" I always resize my images, ( by reducing the number of pixels ), to suit the website. Then use "Save for Web".
You do this by ticking the "Resample Image" box in the Resize Dialogue under "Image", then changing the numbers for the pixels. Keep "Constrain Proportions" ticked.

Roy G
RG
Roy G
Jan 16, 2007
Thanks, Roy. I’ll try that as soon as I get back to my home computer. I assumed changing the size in inches completely changed the size. I’ve got a lot to learn!

"SunnyHazel" wrote in

If this makes sense to anyone, I would greatly appreciate some help. Thank you.Hi.

I have just experimented, and it does not seem to happen with images which
are under 2800 x 2000 pixels.

When you say "no matter the size" are you talking about the number of Pixels
or the size in inches. The only size which matters is the number of pixels.

Before "Saving for Web" I always resize my images, ( by reducing the number
of pixels ), to suit the website. Then use "Save for Web".
You do this by ticking the "Resample Image" box in the Resize Dialogue under
"Image", then changing the numbers for the pixels. Keep "Constrain Proportions" ticked.

Roy G

Hi

Don’t we all ??

Roy G
S
SunnyHazel
Jan 16, 2007
Worked. Thanks a lot!

Roy G wrote:

"SunnyHazel" wrote in

I have just experimented, and it does not seem to happen with images which
are under 2800 x 2000 pixels.

When you say "no matter the size" are you talking about the number of Pixels
or the size in inches. The only size which matters is the number of pixels.

Before "Saving for Web" I always resize my images, ( by reducing the number
of pixels ), to suit the website. Then use "Save for Web".
You do this by ticking the "Resample Image" box in the Resize Dialogue under
"Image", then changing the numbers for the pixels. Keep "Constrain Proportions" ticked.

Roy G

Hi

Don’t we all ??

Roy G

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections