Where does PSE4.0 stores the caption/tags data?

K
Posted By
Kwongheng
Dec 23, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I am currently using Adobe Elements 4.0 and edits JPG files in general. I also use fotki.com as my photo album on line. However, the captions which I put into my JPG files from elements does not appear in my online album.

I have been trying to find some data on this via the net, but to no avail and I hope someone here can help me with that.

Basically, I would just like to know where the caption data and tags data is stored in the JPG? Is this found in the EXIF ImageDescription field?

Thanks
Kelvin Wong
M
MyVeryOwnSelf
Dec 25, 2006
Basically, I would just like to know where the caption data and tags data is stored in the JPG? Is this found in the EXIF ImageDescription field?

In the organizer, use
Edit > Preferences > Files
and look under "Catalogs." This gives the first part of the file path.

Starting there, look for sub-directories "Photoshop Elements" and "4.0" and "Organizer". Or do a "Search" for files updated in the last month; that’ll let you avoid slogging through static software files.

I’m not sure what each individual file does, but experimentation might reveal something.

If you learn anything useful, please post.
K
Kwongheng
Dec 26, 2006
Okay, I have install IrView to look at the EXIF and IPTC properties. The captions are written to both ImageDescription fields in EXIF and IPTC properties.

However, I noticed that the caption is not always written to the photos in PSE4.0, you must perform a "write tags to photos" for the captions to be written into the metadata.

Regards
Kelvin Wong

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections