TT
Posted By
Tony Tee
Dec 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I crop my photo, using the crop tool, (the one where you can pull the edges of the square out and click the tick button to peform the crop), I’m always left with blue dots 1 pixel wide around the edges of the pic where it was cropped. Usually to the left and above.

They are still there when I save, close, and re-open the pic.

Its not a big deal as they are so small but its not right, surely?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Dec 2, 2007
"Tony Tee" wrote in message
When I crop my photo, using the crop tool, (the one where you can pull the edges of the square out and click the tick button to peform the crop), I’m always left with blue dots 1 pixel wide around the edges of the pic where it was cropped. Usually to the left and above.

Have you tried resetting the tool? With the crop tool active, the first icon on the options bar will display the crop tool. This has a down pointing triangle on the rhs. Click on this to access the flyout and click on the right pointing triangle access another flyout, select reset tool. If this dows not work, try deleting your prefs file as per Help . TWK
TT
Tony Tee
Dec 5, 2007
I tried the tool reset by following those instructions, didn’t make any difference.

Upon further investigation, it isn’t just when I crop, even my uncropped pics have it, in fact ALL of my pics have it.

I’m using adobe photoshop 7.

When i zoom in, the blue dots dont get bigger, if i zoom in as far as i can, i see the blue dots have remained the same size at all times and are in fact smaller than one pixel when I have zoomed in as far as i can.

Maybe this is just a feature of photoshop7 that shows where the edges of your photo is?

Cheers for the info so far.

"Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote in message

Have you tried resetting the tool? With the crop tool active, the first icon on the options bar will display the crop tool. This has a down pointing triangle on the rhs. Click on this to access the flyout and click on the right pointing triangle access another flyout, select reset tool. If this dows not work, try deleting your prefs file as per Help . TWK
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Dec 5, 2007
I tried the tool reset by following those instructions, didn’t make any difference.

Upon further investigation, it isn’t just when I crop, even my uncropped pics have it, in fact ALL of my pics have it.

I’m using adobe photoshop 7.

When i zoom in, the blue dots dont get bigger, if i zoom in as far as i can,
i see the blue dots have remained the same size at all times and are in fact
smaller than one pixel when I have zoomed in as far as i can.
Maybe this is just a feature of photoshop7 that shows where the edges of your photo is?

Cheers for the info so far.

Do you see them when you print?
Are they there when you view at 100%?
Could be a video driver issue, try turning off hardware acceleration in Display Properties>Settings>Advanced>Trobleshoot (from the desktop) and make sure you have the latest drivers.

TWK
"Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote in message

Have you tried resetting the tool? With the crop tool active, the first icon on the options bar will display the crop tool. This has a down pointing triangle on the rhs. Click on this to access the flyout and click on the right pointing triangle access another flyout, select reset tool.
If this dows not work, try deleting your prefs file as per Help . TWK

TT
Tony Tee
Dec 5, 2007
Could be a video driver issue, try turning off hardware acceleration in Display Properties>Settings>Advanced>Trobleshoot (from the desktop) and make sure you have the latest drivers.

When i print, i dont see any blue dots around the outside of the pic. It doesn’t have dots around the outsides of any pic i open in jascs paint shop pro 7.

I just downloaded some updated drivers so I’ll see if i can find out where they got saved to and what to do with the download lol
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Dec 5, 2007

When i print, i dont see any blue dots around the outside of the pic. It doesn’t have dots around the outsides of any pic i open in jascs paint shop pro 7.

I just downloaded some updated drivers so I’ll see if i can find out where they got saved to and what to do with the download lol

Tony,
It sounds like it’s an issue with your display (LCD or CRT?), the fact it doesn’t show in other apps is an irrelevance, PS can be pretty "particular". I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.

Regards

TWK

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections