KM
Posted By
Kent McPherson
Aug 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In PS Elements 4.0, is it possible to change the order of the pictures I bring into an HTML Photo Gallery project? It orders them oldest to newest by default. I could manually drag them around to change the order but I have many pictures and that would take a long time. I was looking for a sort command on the pictures in the photo gallery project but didn’t see one. Is there such an option?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JM
Joseph Meehan
Aug 28, 2006
Kent McPherson wrote:
In PS Elements 4.0, is it possible to change the order of the pictures I bring into an HTML Photo Gallery project? It orders them oldest to newest by default. I could manually drag them around to change the order but I have many pictures and that would take a long time. I was looking for a sort command on the pictures in the photo gallery project but didn’t see one. Is there such an option?

You would need to tell it what order you wanted them sorted. If not date what order would you want? How are you going to tell Elements what that order is?

There are some methods of changing the sort order but I can’t think of one that does not involve using the date or moving them around manually.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
KM
Kent McPherson
Aug 28, 2006
I want them sorted by date – newest to oldest. They are sorted in the PSE organizer. But when I select them and bring them into the photo gallery builder, they’re in oldest to newest order.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Kent McPherson wrote:

You would need to tell it what order you wanted them sorted. If not date what order would you want? How are you going to tell Elements what that order is?

There are some methods of changing the sort order but I can’t think of one that does not involve using the date or moving them around manually.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
JM
Joseph Meehan
Aug 28, 2006
Kent McPherson wrote:
I want them sorted by date – newest to oldest. They are sorted in the PSE organizer. But when I select them and bring them into the photo gallery builder, they’re in oldest to newest order.

No I don’t see any way of doing that. I can see why that would be the usual default, but I would think they would have provided a way of overriding it.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Kent McPherson wrote:

There are some methods of changing the sort order but I can’t think of one that does not involve using the date or moving them around manually. —
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections