JW
Posted By
Jeff Wright
Jul 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay, I’ve posted this question on this newsgroup previously, but the situation is driving me insane. I’m using PSE4, and can’t turn off snap-to-grid or snap-to-object. Does anyone know how to turn these off??? Many times I’ll want to fine-tune the position of objects, but can’t do it since I can’t turn off the ‘snap’ features. I’ve reinstalled the program, looked at other forums regarding this problem, but I find no answers. Am I the only one who’s bugged by this?

Frustrated in Tucson

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Rina
Jul 28, 2006
Its pretty much a toggle…

In the Editor, Under View > Grid and View > snap to Grid If there’s a check next to snap to grid or snap to grid, its turned on remove the check and its off.

"Jeff Wright" wrote in message
Okay, I’ve posted this question on this newsgroup previously, but the situation is driving me insane. I’m using PSE4, and can’t turn off snap-to-grid or snap-to-object. Does anyone know how to turn these off??? Many times I’ll want to fine-tune the position of objects, but can’t do it since I can’t turn off the ‘snap’ features. I’ve reinstalled the program, looked at other forums regarding this problem, but I find no answers. Am I the only one who’s bugged by this?

Frustrated in Tucson

JW
Jeff Wright
Jul 28, 2006
Hi, Rina,

That’s exactly what doesn’t work (at least on my system). The toggle box is useless. Objects snap whether the box is checked or unchecked. Does it work on your PSE4? Others have reported to me in the past that the toggle doesn’t work for them either.

Thanks for your reponse,

Jeff

"Rina" wrote in message
Its pretty much a toggle…

In the Editor, Under View > Grid and View > snap to Grid If there’s a check next to snap to grid or snap to grid, its turned on remove the check and its off.

Frustrated in Tucson

R
Rina
Jul 28, 2006
Have you tried resetting your preferences?

Hi, Rina,

That’s exactly what doesn’t work (at least on my system). The toggle box is
useless. Objects snap whether the box is checked or unchecked. Does it work
on your PSE4? Others have reported to me in the past that the toggle doesn’t
work for them either.

Thanks for your reponse,

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections