Posted By
DeerRaven
Oct 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings, guys–

I know this has been on the Forum before but I’ve never had the dinero to consider a laptop seriously until now. Is there any laptop that works pretty well with CS2? I’ll be working with illustrations colored in Photoshop and posted to the web primarily.

Does anyone have a laptop that they are crazy in love with?

Thanks,
Martha

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JO
Jim_Oblak
Oct 31, 2007
Any laptop meeting Adobe’s system requirements should be fine for a web artist. It is a print artist that really needs to shop around.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Nov 1, 2007
I’ve been very happy with my 2.3GHz Pentium-M Dell Inspiron 9000, with 17-inch widescreen TrueBrite display running at 1920×1200 resolution. Some newer variant of that would likely be a very nice laptop as well, particularly with a Core 2 Duo processor. The screen is excellent and gives you quite a bit of workspace, but at a cost of rather small text. That can be a problem with applications such as Photoshop that already have small text in their GUI design, but some compensation can be found by choosing a custom DPI setting in the Advanced Display Properties. I run mine at 125dpi rather than the customary Small Fonts setting of 96dpi, but it does introduce problems with applications that are designed only for proper viewing at 96dpi (A ludicrous oversight in these days of hi-res monitors, but not affecting PS as I recall). If I was in the market for another laptop, I think I’d be happy to stay with Dell.

Regards,

Daryl

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections