K
Posted By
kdoc
Oct 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My Monaco XRite doesn’t work in Vista, even with the work-around (Tool Crib and the downloaded software.) What Monitor Profiling system works well in Vista? (XRite now wants to sell me a new Eye One Display 2 system). What’s the most affordable accurate step I can take? a) Another work around for my present system? b) Buy a new one? Which one?

kdoc

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Charlie_Choc
Oct 31, 2007
The Colorvision Spyder 2 works under Vista. That’s the only one I have experience with.

Charlie…
http://www.chocphoto.com
PW
Peter_Wing
Oct 31, 2007
I am still using Windows XP SP2, but I saved the below article for future reference. This method does not install ToolCrib but does use the drivers. – pw

===========================

How to make a Monaco Optix XR Pro work with Microsoft Windows Vista OS < http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1337 9&view=findpost&p=92895>
———————————————————— ———————————————————
Pantoned
Dec 30 2006, 10:47 AM
I’ve found an easy workaround to install Optix in Vista, I’ve looked at the drivers in ToolCrib as it was suggested in X-Rite website, and yes, they work, and they do IMHO because just a couple of lines of text added to the inf file. As ToolCrib cannot be installed in Vista this is the easy way to make it work without having to install ToolCrib.

1.- Install Optix CD as usual before pluggin the device.
2.- Create a folder in your desktop or anywhere else and copy there this files
c:\windows\inf\XrUsb.inf
c:\windows\system32\drivers\XrUsb.sys
3.- Open XrUsb.inf with notepad and add this couple of lines before "sourcediskfiles", save.

[SourceDisksNames]
1=%X-RiteAppCDROM%,,,

[SourceDisksFiles]
XrUsb.sys=1,,

4.- Plug the device, when the New Hardware found pops click cancel.
5.- Go to Device Administrator in the control panel. Right click on X-Rite DTP94 and "Update Controller" —> "Look for software in my computer" —> Choose in a list of controllers in the computer —> Click next without marking any kind of hardware –> Use Disc –> Here choose the inf file you just modified in your folder.
6.- Click "install anyway" when the message pops and it’s done.
7.- Remember to keep a backup of your folder with the drivers for futur use, or at least until release of official Vista ones.

As for Monaco Program everything works fine, profiles are created and automatically added to the new windows color panel in display properties.The only thing that have to be done manually is adding monacogamma to the startup folder because windows security don’t allow the progam to do it automatically.

By the way, I always have problems with monacogamma, in XP and Vista too, if it’s active I get a delta 7 error, if I keep it down my delta goes down to 0,80 so I always keep it down obiously but I would like to know why this happens. If anyone have a suggestion…, I use an Ati Radeon 900 AIW with Nec 2090UXI, nothing at all in startup folder.

Note that I use the Spanish version of Ultimate and maybe some of my own translations are not exact in the english version of Vista. I think that either the new X-rite will have to make an update of the Monaco Software and drivers for Vista or either we’ll be moving towars gretag software adpated to support DTP94. Second option looks more realistic right now…doesn’t it?

Regards.

Arnau.

jackbingham
Dec 30 2006, 01:03 PM
" I think that either the new X-rite will have to make an update of the Monaco Software and drivers for Vista or either we’ll be moving towars gretag software adpated to support DTP94. Second option looks more realistic right now…doesn’t it?"

The third option is to consider ColorEyes Display which will continue to support the DTP-94 as well as most other recent devices. We expect to have 64 bit support sometime in January.
As for Vista, we have not started testing but have been working with winx64. There is a ways to go.

Regards.

Arnau.

———————————————————— ———————————————————

frednurk69
Feb 4 2007, 02:07 AM
I have just succesfully installed the driver using the method you described. Worked seamlessly, thankyou! I am hovever having problems with running EZColor 2.6 under Vista, I get "Can’t locate Resource DLL for Application".

Which version of EZColor do you have installed under Vista?

ssprengel
Feb 6 2007, 01:57 AM
I just had this problem with Monaco EZ Color 2.6.3:

You need to run the program using XP SP2 Compatibility mode which you can enable by right-clicking on the program shortcut and finding the checkbox.

After installing the driver and enabling compatiblity mode, I profiled both my monitors. Monaco EZ Color also put the Monaco Gamma in my Startup group for me.

###
I
ID._Awe
Oct 31, 2007
Hmmmm. I had no problem with running Monaca EZ-colour under 32 or 64 bit Vista. I downloaded version 2.65 which included a 64 bit driver for the puck and installed without any ‘work-around’.

I removed EZ-colour from startup menu and use Windows colour management.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections