S
Posted By
SephroDaen
Oct 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have recently tried to download adobe photoshop CS3 trial addition from the adobe website, whilst downloading, my laptop ran out of charge (do not ask), I was left with an application file or program called ADBEPHSPCS3_WWE. When I tried to run, delete, or rename this it gave the message "Cannot delete ADBEPHSPCS3_WWE: it is being used by another person or program".

I have limited computer knowledge; please help me out

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
LenHewitt
Oct 30, 2007
Reboot the machine and then try and delete the file.

If that doesn’t work, reboot into a command prompt and delete from the command line:

Assuming you were downloading to the desktop you would type:

del c:\documents and settings\~your_username\desktop\ADBEPHSPCS3_*.*
NK
nick_kelly
Oct 31, 2007
hi, i have recently downloaded photoshop trial, the same as you and im getting the same problem. that file shows up on my desktop when i try to download it. i tried to access it but it doesnt know what file to open it with. i went onto my downloads screen in firefox and opened it from there. a blank cmd showed up. i dont know what to do. can you help pls?
NK
nick_kelly
Oct 31, 2007
ive tried downloading again but when its downloading its saying; ADBEPHSPCS3_WWE.exe is this what its meant to say or am i just special in a bad way?
L
LenHewitt
Oct 31, 2007
is this what its meant to say<<

Yes, that is the correct filename for the Photoshop CS3 extended 30day trial.

it doesnt know what file to open it with<<

That suggests that your download is corrupt. As an executable file (.exe) Windows should RUN the file not attempt to open it in another application.
S
SephroDaen
Nov 2, 2007
I am not sure if i am doing it right, but i cannot get command prompt to delete it.

I type the following "[C:\Documents and Settings\user-name>]DEL C:\Documents and Settings\user-name\Desktop\ADBEPHSPCS3_WWE.exe"
(note: where i put the "[]" is what was automatically there and where i put "user-name" is where i put my user name)

This did not work… Did I Get It Wrong?
SG
Scott Glasgow
Nov 7, 2007
wrote:
I am not sure if i am doing it right, but i cannot get command prompt to delete it.

I type the following "[C:\Documents and Settings\user-name>]DEL C:\Documents and Settings\user-name\Desktop\ADBEPHSPCS3_WWE.exe" (note: where i put the "[]" is what was automatically there and where i put "user-name" is where i put my user name)

You may have to boot to a command prompt if the file is in use (??) by Windows when you try to delete from a command window. When booting begins, hit F8 repeatedly until you get the boot options screen, then select Command Prompt Only. Navigate to the folder shown in the path above, then issue the delete command.

Or, you can try one of the small apps designed for this specific purpose. They basically do the same thing, deleting the file on reboot before Windows has a chance to mark it as in-use. Several may be found here < http://tinyapps.org/weblog/windows/200609060700_delete_in_us e_files.html> and here
http://tinyapps.org/weblog/windows/200609060700_delete_in_us e_files.html.

Scott
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Nov 7, 2007
"Scott Glasgow" <paladinat.nospamfuse.net> wrote in message
wrote:

I type the following "[C:\Documents and Settings\user-name>]DEL C:\Documents and Settings\user-name\Desktop\ADBEPHSPCS3_WWE.exe" (note: where i put the "[]" is what was automatically there and where i put "user-name" is where i put my user name)

You may have to boot to a command prompt if the file is in use (??) by Windows when you try to delete from a command window. When booting begins, hit F8 repeatedly until you get the boot options screen, then select Command Prompt Only. Navigate to the folder shown in the path above, then issue the delete command.

Or, you can try one of the small apps designed for this specific purpose. They basically do the same thing, deleting the file on reboot before Windows has a chance to mark it as in-use. Several may be found here < http://tinyapps.org/weblog/windows/200609060700_delete_in_us e_files.html> and here
http://tinyapps.org/weblog/windows/200609060700_delete_in_us e_files.html.
Scott,

An excellent reply, it is a pity that the OP cannot see it, he is posting in the Adobeforums, not this NG. We can see their posts but they cannot see posts to this NG.

Regards
TWK

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections