A
Posted By
Arawak
Jun 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have downloaded Elements 4.0 Trial version. According to Adobe it is supposed to be fully functional. Yet the one task I want any photo editing software for is the one task that doesn’t seem to work in my trial version. Appreciate any help. I want to make a composite picture using portions of two photos. Following the "How To" instructions ("Add Part of An Image To Another") and using the "Magic Extraction" tool I can edit each photo using Foreground Brush, Background Brush, etc. Step #5 says "Click Preview you see your selection"; Step #6 says "When the object is to your satisfaction, click OK." So far, so good!

Step#7 says "In Standard Edit, choose Edit > Copy". BUT when I select Edit the entire "Copy, Cut, Paste, etc." section is grayed out. Not available. So what have I done wrong; overlooked; forgotten??

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JM
Joseph Meehan
Jun 4, 2006
stevev wrote:
I have downloaded Elements 4.0 Trial version. According to Adobe it is supposed to be fully functional. Yet the one task I want any photo editing software for is the one task that doesn’t seem to work in my trial version. Appreciate any help. I want to make a composite picture using portions of two photos. Following the "How To" instructions ("Add Part of An Image To Another") and using the "Magic Extraction" tool I can edit each photo using Foreground Brush, Background Brush, etc. Step #5 says "Click Preview you see your selection"; Step #6 says "When the object is to your satisfaction, click OK." So far, so good!
Step#7 says "In Standard Edit, choose Edit > Copy". BUT when I select Edit the entire "Copy, Cut, Paste, etc." section is grayed out. Not available. So what have I done wrong; overlooked; forgotten??

I have only done it once or twice, so I am fuzzy on the proper procedure, but I can assure it it does work.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
M
MyVeryOwnSelf
Jun 4, 2006

I have the retail version of 4.0. When I see these menu items grayed, it means that nothing is selected. Maybe somehow between step #5 and step #6 the selection got cleared.
L
luk
Jun 5, 2006

MyVeryOwnSelf wrote:

I have the retail version of 4.0. When I see these menu items grayed, it means that nothing is selected.

Correct. A selection needs to be made.
Before clicking on the magic extractor,
make a selection that’s convenient to
you. If you’re going to "extract" an apple,
go to the marquee tool and draw a circle
around the apple. Then go to Image >
"magic extractor". Or if you don’t want
to draw a circle or square, just click
"select all". That makes the copy command
work.

Luk

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections