R
Posted By
Rosemarie
Mar 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I could use some help. I have windows XP home and photoshop elements 2.0 and some of the editing tools will quit working. I have reinstalled PE2.0 multiple times and the tools work for a while then quit. The tools are the clone stamp and blur image are the big two. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it premantly.
thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
RK
Mar 7, 2006
I’ve had this problem on and off. I think it is often related to memory and so I make sure that all other programs are closed. The program is a real memory hog and if you are only running 256k or less ram with an old processor you may be pushing the limits. To make things move more smoothly I have stopped using the organizer and feed individual photos into the program from Windows Explorer. I work on one photo at a time and then save it back to disc before doing anything else.

It also helps to run your disc defrag periodically. If worse comes to worse uninstall the program and reinstall it in a different directory. For some odd reason this seems to help a bit. 2.0 was always a bit quirky for me. I find 3.0 more stable.

Let us know if this helps a bit. Good luck.
C
Charley
Mar 9, 2006
You haven’t hit "caps lock" or "num lock" have you? These will cause some things to work different or not at all.

Charley

"Rosemarie" wrote in message
I could use some help. I have windows XP home and photoshop elements 2.0 and some of the editing tools will quit working. I have reinstalled PE2.0 multiple times and the tools work for a while then quit. The tools are
the
clone stamp and blur image are the big two. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it premantly.
thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections