Elements 3-Print preview-Why darker than in Editor??

AB
Posted By
Andrew Bealing
Feb 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have noticed than when I print from Elements the results are often darker than when I edited them. Colour Management you may say but I have noticed that the prints are accurate to that shown in the print preview screen but that this in turn is darker than shown on the editor screen. Has anyone else noticed this and if so how have you overcome it.

Andrew Bealing.

Photoshop Elements 3. Windows XP SP2. Canon i850 printer, Canon 20d camera

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TN
Tesco News
Feb 17, 2006
"Andrew Bealing" wrote in message
I have noticed than when I print from Elements the results are often darker than when I edited them. Colour Management you may say but I have noticed that the prints are accurate to that shown in the print preview screen but that this in turn is darker than shown on the editor screen. Has anyone else noticed this and if so how have you overcome it.

Andrew Bealing.

Photoshop Elements 3. Windows XP SP2. Canon i850 printer, Canon 20d camera

You have already said it – Colour Management – very nearly gives you
W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G.

The "Print with Preview" preview is really only for checking that the image is the correct size and in the correct position on the paper.

Lack of Colour Management in your workflow means differences between what is on screen and what comes out of the printer.

Sorry about it, but that is just the way it is.

Roy G

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections