T
Posted By
tickwood
Dec 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have PS Elements 3.0 and use Xp SP2. When ever I try to use hlp I get the "unable to connect to help application" error. I have searched Adobe’s knowledge base without success. I have noted similar messages to this one have been posted here in the past but I saw no solutions. I have reinstalled without improvement.
As a trial I installed the program on my laptop (same operating system) and help worked there.
Does anyone have a solution? A suggestion?
Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Boskey
Dec 30, 2005
tickwood wrote:
I have PS Elements 3.0 and use Xp SP2. When ever I try to use hlp I get the "unable to connect to help application" error. I have searched Adobe’s knowledge base without success. I have noted similar messages to this one have been posted here in the past but I saw no solutions. I have reinstalled without improvement.
As a trial I installed the program on my laptop (same operating system) and help worked there.
Does anyone have a solution? A suggestion?
Thanks
Sounds like the help file is corrupt. Try uninstalling then reinstalling the program. If you have an antivirus program running, disable it while reinstalling the program. This seems to have cured this problem when I had the same problem with PSE4
T
tickwood
Dec 30, 2005
Thanks to Jimmy.
It worked, I had reinstalled before but hadn’t disabled my anti-virus ( I disabled the firewall too, for good measure).
Thanks again
Tickwood

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections