LH
Posted By
Lawrence_Hudetz
Oct 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Yesterday, I modified the Keyboard Shortcut file and saved it. The mods worked fine. Today, I opened a folder on a drive other than C and in that folder I found "Photoshop Defaults(modified).htm" I opened it up and found the Keyboard Shortcut Menu!

So, PS knows it’s there, but I don’t think it belongs there. I did a search for this file and came up empty, even for the drive on which it is installed!

So, where does it belong, and why doesn’t Search find it? I tried the usual paths (Programs, Users, common files etc) and also came up empty. Of course, if it was stored other than where it is supposed to be, I suspect i would come up empty.

weird.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Oct 18, 2007
Hmmm, actually, this morning, the mods don’t work, and do not show up in the Shortcuts menu.

I guess I’ll simply redo them and be careful where they are saved. An image was opened from the folder in which the shortcuts were placed, so apparently, that’s why they were saved there.
Humph!
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Oct 18, 2007
Well, if I make the changes and click Accept, it wants to know where to save it and is suggesting the former location in a photo file. If I make the changes and simply exit, then it works fine. I deleted the file from the photo folder and it still works with the mod.

Bug?
TR
Tim_R._Shaw
Oct 19, 2007
I am currnently using a Nikon camera with their software for downloading pictures. Every time I start to download pictures from the camera to the pc Photoshop instantly overrides my cmaera software, and PS receives the photos instead of the Nikon software I would rather have receive them.

How do I change that default, so that my cmaera software ONLY receives these downloaded pics?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections