Posted By
Kathryn_Frizzell
Oct 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am sooo frustrated.

I am working in Photoshop CS3, on a brand new laptop with Windows Vista.

I used the pen tool and selected ‘paths’ on the toolbar (instead of "shape layers" or "fill pixels") and drew my path. I’ve tried both right clicking and the options menu on the paths box, but "Stroke Path…" is always gray. I want to put a stroke on my path! What am I doing wrong that it won’t let me stroke the path?

Please reply quickly. I just want to draw with smooth lines, and no existing tutorials help because 1) they’re for lower versions of photoshop (I have CS3) and 2) they use the method I’ve already tried and failed at! Please help!

~Kate

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Oct 17, 2007
Is the Path selected (chosen) in the Paths palette or with the Path Selection tool?
LB
larry_brubeck
Oct 18, 2007
You need to make your layer active, its probley a background now, double click to make it a active layer and it will work, just did it on my pc.
LB
larry_brubeck
Oct 18, 2007
oops sorry about the previous responce, did it wrong.Go to the paths option, then create new path, botton ,cntrl click the new path then stroke it.
KF
Kathryn_Frizzell
Oct 18, 2007
Thanks for the replies, but never mind. I erased any and all paths and made a new one, and it stroked it. I don’t know what I was doing wrong, but I fixed it. Thanks for your help!

~Kate

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections