Posted By
TLL
Oct 16, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
TLL
Oct 16, 2007
First Indications are encouraging! Downloaded and installed the 10.1 patch this am. Printed a beautiful 36"sq. enlargement on my HP5000PS with no problems at all, that’s a good thing since I haven’t had any problems with that printer from the start :). What I noticed on the next print job (simple screen grab for a laser printer) was that the HP5000PS remained as the ‘default’ printer in PS (its’ NOT the OS default) – WOW it’s sticky! Just what I wanted.

Here’s where I’ve been having trouble here @work – the simple, centered, scale-to-fit print to the HP laser. I always got this stupid thumbnail in the upper left corner regardless of settings. And now? It works too!

Two for two, now to take this patch home and try it with my Minolta color laser, CS3 and it have never gotten along with anything.

Maybe I’ll get into the color issues too, but it seems there’s lots of Epson users dealing with that. Oh, and just in case I’m running Win XPpro SP2…

Thanks for the improvements Adobe people, I’ll keep you posted.

TLL
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Oct 17, 2007
Did you read the NDA you agreed to? Have you been to the beta forum?
I
ID._Awe
Oct 17, 2007
Ya, you know the part in the NDA where it says you can’t talk about it before it’s released because it will make others jealous they weren’t included. Well duh…… thats just common sense.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Oct 17, 2007
John Nack has said he will get you added to the Beta test if you email him. See his blog post <http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2007/10/fixes_for_photo.html>.
T
TLL
Oct 18, 2007
Whats’ the difference between this forum and John Nack’s, or the Pre Release beta forum for that matter. I think the good will generated by my posting here that Adobe is actually doing something about these issues offsets breaking any NDA rules. And given all the fun we’ve been experiancing here with the forum ‘updates’ Adobe needs all the good will it can get. I’ll take my chances – if I’m wrong this post will disappear, as it should I guess…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections