A4
Posted By
Alucard_44
Oct 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I scan my Negatives with the school’s HP Scanjet 3670, I get a dinky little picture. When I enlarge, ugly jaggies occur! What gives?!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
SDA
Oct 15, 2007
You have to inform your scanner what size you wish the output to be. Examine your scanner settings carefully and/or read the manual/help files.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Oct 15, 2007
When the negatives are 35 mm (136 film) scan them at least at 1200 ppi. Better, if the scanner has the optical (not resolved through interpolation) resolution of 4000 ppi.

Of course it depends on output requirements, but for scanning an image that is destined for web, but needs editing I would still scan at this high resolution..

Rob
JO
Jim_Oblak
Oct 15, 2007
This may be a good opportunity to make use of your instructor’s instruction. That is what they are paid to do. 🙂
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Oct 15, 2007
your instructor’s instruction.

I’ll accept a check 🙂

Rob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections