DQ
Posted By
Don Qui
Oct 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to restore a wallet size photo that was improperly stored and so has a great deal of minute cracklature. this has made thousands of white and other colored dots that I must laboriously blot out by hnad with the clone tool. Does anyone have a technique to make this tedious task easier? I have tried the float and shift technique but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

DonQ

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
RBrickston
Oct 13, 2007
In article <a9_Pi.43932$>,
says…
I am trying to restore a wallet size photo that was improperly stored and so has a great deal of minute cracklature. this has made thousands of white and other colored dots that I must laboriously blot out by hnad with the clone tool. Does anyone have a technique to make this tedious task easier? I have tried the float and shift technique but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

DonQ
Healing tool after blowing the pixel count way up.
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Oct 13, 2007
"Don Qui" wrote in message

DonQ
Copy the layer.
Hit it with the dust and scratches filter until the cracklature disappears. A Gaussian blur of a 2 to 3 pixels may also work.
Apply a "hide all" mask to this layer (alt + click on the mask icon) Working on the mask, paint over the cracks, etc., with the brush tool to allow the corrected layer to show through.

TWK

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections