G
Posted By
gweedoh
Apr 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve found that when using the crop tool presets in Photoshop 7, the opacity of the cropping shield defaults to 75%. Is there a way to save this setting to something other than 75%?

Thanks in advance.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

E
edjh
Apr 20, 2004
Dave wrote:
I’ve found that when using the crop tool presets in Photoshop 7, the opacity of the cropping shield defaults to 75%. Is there a way to save this setting to something other than 75%?

Thanks in advance.

You can make your own new preset with any color or opacity you like. Just choose your settings and Crop, then choose New Preset from the flyout on the tool dropdown on the Options Palette. In fact by using the Preset Manager you can save whole sets of your own custom presets to use when you like.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Batman art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
G
gweedoh
Apr 21, 2004
edjh …
Dave wrote:

Thanks in advance.

You can make your own new preset with any color or opacity you like. Just choose your settings and Crop, then choose New Preset from the flyout on the tool dropdown on the Options Palette. In fact by using the Preset Manager you can save whole sets of your own custom presets to use when you like.

Yes, I would think you are right, except I have tried that and it doesn’t work. The problem here is that the shield settings are not available on the options palette until you select a cropping area. The only options available before selecting a cropping area is width, height and resolution. Once you select a cropping area, the flyout button is greyed out on the options palette so you can’t get to the menu to save the settings.
E
edjh
Apr 22, 2004
Dave wrote:
edjh …

Dave wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I would think you are right, except I have tried that and it doesn’t work. The problem here is that the shield settings are not available on the options palette until you select a cropping area. The only options available before selecting a cropping area is width, height and resolution. Once you select a cropping area, the flyout button is greyed out on the options palette so you can’t get to the menu to save the settings.’

Complete the crop then do it. If you want you can go back in History and undo the crop.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
D
Dave
May 12, 2004
edjh wrote in
news:APMhc.1672$:

Dave wrote:
edjh wrote in message
news:<6Kihc.1614$>…

Dave wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I would think you are right, except I have tried that and it doesn’t work. The problem here is that the shield settings are not available on the options palette until you select a cropping area. The only options available before selecting a cropping area is width, height and resolution. Once you select a cropping area, the flyout button is greyed out on the options palette so you can’t get to the menu to save the settings.’

Complete the crop then do it. If you want you can go back in History and undo the crop.

I see. It worked, but this is not a very straightforward way to accomplish this task and seems a bit backwards to me.

Thanks for the help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections