A
Posted By
arterrs
Jul 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using PE3. I often need to crop pictures to get them to 4×6 for printing. When using the crop tool, the rulers often do not line up with the boundaries of the pciture, i.e., the rulers’ horizontal and vertical zero points do not line with any corner of the image.
What am I doing wrong? I’m sure I’ve misadjuste some setting, but I can’t seem to figure out which one. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Roy
Jul 9, 2005
wrote in message
I’m using PE3. I often need to crop pictures to get them to 4×6 for printing. When using the crop tool, the rulers often do not line up with the boundaries of the pciture, i.e., the rulers’ horizontal and vertical zero points do not line with any corner of the image.
What am I doing wrong? I’m sure I’ve misadjuste some setting, but I can’t seem to figure out which one. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick
Hi there.

The easiest way to get an exact sized crop is to set the Crop Tool to the size you want 6 x 4 and to the print resolution you want.

You then just select which part of the image you want to keep, dragging a corner to make the selection larger or smaller, and by moving the whole rectangle to where you want by dragging.

The only problem might be that the crop resolution could cause interpolation upwards or downwards, and if this was a largish amount, the image might need some sharpening, or quality could be lost.

Roy G

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections