N
Posted By
Nino
Jun 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to grab some frames from a DVD. The manual say that the DVD must be converted to movie file first, can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Happy Father’s Day

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MT
Myron Thorner
Jun 24, 2005
Nino,
Most PC DVD player softwares allow screen capture – check the options, and it should be by pressing one or two keys. The resulting saved file (.jpg, bmp, etc.) is a relatively low-resolution file (at most 720×480, but probably less).
"Nino" wrote in message I need to grab some frames from a DVD. The manual say that the DVD must be converted to movie file first, can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Happy Father’s Day

J
jad
Jun 25, 2005
It’s amazing how little information there is on how to do this. A simple way is to get the free program DVD Decrypter. Just Google to find it. It can usually be found at an off shore web site due to the nature of the program. DVD Decrypter will put the program on your hard drive. Once the program is downloaded it is just a couple mouse clicks away from getting the DVD on your hard drive. Once it’s there you will select a file from that folder that will look something like "vts_01_03" You can then grab frames from the pause mode or on the fly as the DVD plays.. I have found that PE3 makes slightly larger still frames then Roxio Easy Media Creator. Good luck.

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:13:10 GMT, "Nino"
wrote:

I need to grab some frames from a DVD. The manual say that the DVD must be converted to movie file first, can someone tell me how to do this?
Thanks

Happy Father’s Day

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections