TJ
Posted By
Tony_Jensen
Jun 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed Elements 3.0 for Macintosh on my iMac G5 running Tiger and am trying to understand the relationship between iPhoto and Elements.

I have read a lot of posts here and on other forums and have not seen this question addressed.

Before getting into the explanation, the root question is "Why can I not select the ‘Same as Source’ checkbox in the ‘Process Multiple Files’ dialog box?"

The preference to use Elements as the external editor has been set and it works like a champ.

My workflow for dealing with digital images is to:
1) Upload the images to iPhoto.
2) Get rid of the bad images.
3) Batch fix all of the remaining images.
4) Fine-tune the images that still need it.

It is step 3 that I am having a difficult time understanding. * I select multiple photos in iPhoto and then either drag them to the Elements icon in the dock or double-click on them.
* Those images are then brought into the "Photo Bin" in Elements. * I take the File / Process Multiple Files menu option which brings up its’ dialog box. * Everything seems good up until this point. I can check any of the options that I want. * However, I cannot select the "Same as Source" checkbox under the "Destination" section.
* This means that the fixed images will not be written over the originals which is what I want to have happen.

Can someone tell me why the "Same as Source" checkbox is never clickable?

I have also tried opening images directly from within Elements. The images weren’t a part of the iPhoto library at all and this option was still grayed out.

Thank you for your help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TM
Tom Murray 1
Jun 10, 2005
If the images are in a folder, then

try clicking, Process Files From: Folder
Then for Source; choose the folder they are in.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections