Would Adoblm_cleanup.0001 cause excessive load times?

KE
Posted By
Kurt_Emch
Sep 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
Here is my problem: Periodically, Photoshop CS2 will take excessively long to load a file of any kind or file size. The interface turns completely white and appears to have locked up but after about two minutes, the file loads up and everything is fine. It happens periodically, maybe in a week to a couple week increments and lasts for a couple days.

Things I’ve already tried to fix the problem:
Deleting Prefs file.
Reinstalling CS2.
Restarting Computer.

I was looking in the processes running while loading a file and saw that a couple instances of Adobelm_cleanup.0001 come up when the file is being loaded, not sure what it is doing.

Shutting my internet connection off fixes it so I can assume it has something to do with Adobe connecting to a server and not communicating properly.

Anyone know how I can fix this??

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Sep 7, 2007
The file you mention is part of the license management routine and is unlikely to be the problem. More likely your video drivers are not up to date, your video card is bad, or you are using a computer with integrated video on the motherboard that shares the system RAM.

To test the first possibility (and maybe the second), try turning your graphics acceleration to software, instead of hardware. This is found by right-clicking on the desktop, then click on Properties > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot. Move the slider for "Hardware acceleration" to NONE. Click on Apply, then OK. If this clears up the white-out problem (but may make your computer slower), then you have a graphics driver or card problem. Get the latest driver and install it IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MANUFACTURER’S INSTRUCTIONS (which will tell you what you need to do to uninstall the current driver). If the problem clears up (with acceleration turned back up), great. If the problem doesn’t clear up with the latest driver and full acceleration (but went away with no acceleration), then your graphics card may need replacement/upgrade.

As to the third possibility: How much RAM do you have, and is your video/graphics subsystem sharing it? This symptom could well be due to swapping out the graphics RAM to the pagefile, then swapping it back in, and out, etc., when there just isn’t enough RAM left over for the program — as when Photoshop is trying to load a new file and put its data into a scratch file, or when a filter is running.
KE
Kurt_Emch
Sep 7, 2007
Hey thanks for the response, unfortunately I can’t test your methods now because like I said before this problem literally comes and goes – about every month for a couple days. Let me iterate the problem a little further, too.

There are four artists in our production environment that all have CS2 suite installed. We are using different systems two Sony Vaio laptops and 2 HP desktops. This happens for ALL of us at the SAME time. We figured out that if we disconnect ourselves from the internet the problem is resolved! We can only infer that when we open a file in Photoshop, something is attempting to access the internet and for whatever reason cannot so it tries and times out and tries and times out , etc. The process of it trying this takes upwards of a couple minutes.

But the next time I encounter this problem I will try your methods. Thanks for responding
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 8, 2007
network printers or previously used shared drives being off line or missing files from a share can cause that if the machines are on a network.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections