R
Posted By
ReGenesis0
Sep 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running PS3 Extended (10.0) on a HP Pavillion laptop with 1.5gb ram and Windows XP (Media Edition)

Recently I’ve been having a problem where Photoshop will be stuck on the hand tool. You can click on another tool- it shows that tool as highlighted, but when over the window the icon shows as the hand tool (and behaves as the hand tool too, natch.)

Opening a new document it displays the same behavior. Shutting down Photoshop and restarting- the behavior persists. Rebooting the machine clears it up.

So far this behavior has only occured when Windows is waking up from standby (it powered itself down and saved the ram to disk, then restores when you open it up again.) There is sufficient hard drive space to allow for this. In each case, I had a Photoshop document open whent he system went to standby, and it was glitched when I came back up.
I don’t know if you can save from this state- I have not tried. I appear able to access all menus and functions- but the current tool setting is locked on hand/move, despite the tool-selector palette’s apparent responsiveness.

I recently got a new external (USB powered) hard drive, and I discovered some temp files haunting it. (~45mb in 3 files) but I don’t think they’re connected– Photoshop isn’t set to use that drive as a scratch disk- nor was I opening anything off that drive. I’ve had another USB drive for some time without similar problems.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Sep 6, 2007
wrote in message
I’m running PS3 Extended (10.0) on a HP Pavillion laptop with 1.5gb ram and Windows XP (Media Edition)

Recently I’ve been having a problem where Photoshop will be stuck on the hand tool. You can click on another tool- it shows that tool as highlighted, but when over the window the icon shows as the hand tool (and behaves as the hand tool too, natch.)

Opening a new document it displays the same behavior. Shutting down Photoshop and restarting- the behavior persists. Rebooting the machine clears it up.

So far this behavior has only occured when Windows is waking up from standby (it powered itself down and saved the ram to disk, then restores when you open it up again.) There is sufficient hard drive space to allow for this. In each case, I had a Photoshop document open whent he system went to standby, and it was glitched when I came back up.
I don’t know if you can save from this state- I have not tried. I appear able to access all menus and functions- but the current tool setting is locked on hand/move, despite the tool-selector palette’s apparent responsiveness.

I recently got a new external (USB powered) hard drive, and I discovered some temp files haunting it. (~45mb in 3 files) but I don’t think they’re connected– Photoshop isn’t set to use that drive as a scratch disk- nor was I opening anything off that drive. I’ve had another USB drive for some time without similar problems.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Have you tried deleting your prefs file (could be corrupted) as per the help files?
Restart PS with the control, shift and alt keys held down. You should get a dialogue box if you get the timing right.

TWK

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections