KB
Posted By
Kristin_Burati
Sep 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m currently using Photoshop CS2 on a Windows XP machine. In earlier versions of Photoshop, when printing an image file, it was possible to print the file name along with it by simply clicking a "label" box. This feature doesn’t seem to be available in CS2 or CS3. Has it actually been removed from the program or is it simply done differently now?

In the past it hasn’t mattered but we are converting to a new work flow where we’ll need to have this ability. There are other programs that will do this but as we’ve already invested in Photoshop (we a small non-profit) I’d rather not spend the money if there’s still a way to do it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GD
george_dingwall
Sep 5, 2007
Hi Kristin,

Both CS2 and CS3 still have the ability to put a filename label on on image for printing.

You have to change from Colour Management to Output in the print preview screen to access this option. There is a drop down box that lets you choose. If I remember correctly, you can’t use the Scale to fit media option in CS2 as this pushes the filename off the top of the image. In CS3 this doesn’t happen.

Hope this helps, bye for now.
KB
Kristin_Burati
Sep 5, 2007
Fabulous! Thanks!
J
johntolliday
Sep 6, 2007
G’day Kristen

There is a script also, I got it a while ago and it can be customized.

I searched Adobe Exchange but couldn’t find it again! But found it here…

< http://forums.photoartsforum.com/addfilenameplusjs_add_filen ame_to_photoshop_documents-t421.0.html>

I hope this too helps.

regards

John

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections