RA
Posted By
Richard_A_Ellis
Jun 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to print several copies of a small photo on one sheet. (2 in by 3.5 in, on Letter size) I tried Picture Package, but could not find how to set it up. After many attempts, Elements froze, so I used Force Quit (Mac) to get out of it. Finally, I created a blank form, and moved the photo to it 12 times. Although a royal pain, this worked, except it is impossible to get them straight on the page. Surely there is a better way?

Richard Ellis

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 4, 2005
You can edit pre-existing layouts in the application, although you don’t say which version of Elements you’re using. I did an experiment on PSE 3.0 (Mac.)

Open Applications>PSElements3.0>Presets>Layouts. In there you’ll find a preset for 8 – 2.5 X 3.5 images on one 8 X 10 sheet. I highlighted that document, did File>Duplicate, changed the doc name, and then I went in and removed the ".5" from the dimension for width. Save the change and leave it in the folder. You’ll now have a layout for eight identical 2 X 3.5" images in your Picture Package drop down menu.

I didn’t try getting 12 images on one sheet, because I don’t think they’ll fit. I have to admit that it’s still kind of early in the morning here and I didn’t work too hard on the math!

There are people on the forum who are much better at creating new presets than me. Maybe somebody else will give you the rest of the "formula" for setting up one with more images per sheet.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections