PG
Posted By
philip_gold
Jun 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The Organizer Freezes at a specific picture or location. The only way I found to stop this was to move the pictures to a new directory using windows file management then use Organizer’s Catalog Recover with visual search data. It moved the errror to another location. I had to repeat this several times to eliminate the problem. Apparently the database gets corrupted and there is no simple way to clean it up. Does anyone know of another solution?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin Walls
Jun 4, 2005
My only personal experience of PSE giving probelms anything like this turned out to be an interaction with another program, which was also affecting other applications. This was found by a process of elimination.

A good thing to try is reset prefs:
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<your login>\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements [replacing <your login> appropriately] and rename the folder "3.0" to "3.old".

This do seems to address this area:
<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/328573.html> Maybe that’s helpful.
O
o3v3tz
Jun 4, 2005
As I read the description of the problem, I was suspicious of the Thumbnail Cache potentially being the problem. This has been the case for other people when it specifically hung at the same photos, but I am not sure about yours.

I am not at the correct computer to check all the details. As I recollect the thumbnail cache name is tn.4.cache, its default location is under Documents and Settings – All Users – application data – Adobe and it is a hidden Windows file (so you must enable viewing of Hidden Files in Folder Options and in Search. If you delete (or rename) this file when Elements is not active, it will then be recreated when you start the Organizer again and page thru the Photo Browser. Another approach is to delete all the files in that same folder (to cover the contingency that it is a different file in that folder that is corrupted.) Note that paging thru the photo browser is slow when the thumbnails are being rebuilt.

Barb O

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections