RO
Posted By
Richard_Oliver_Brooks
Jun 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Elements 3, a book, tutorials. The book says I can combine one photo with another using layers. How does one get the second photo onto a layer? The layers tutorial has me start with a group of layers that already exist. How did they get that way?

Thanks,
MrB

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

A
arterrs
Jun 3, 2005
a few ways to do this- my favorite:
-open both pictures
– highlight the window/picture you want on top
– select all
– edit/copy, or control c
– highlight the other picture
-edit paste, or control v
you should have two layers, good luck

wrote in message
I have Elements 3, a book, tutorials. The book says I can combine one photo with another using layers. How does one get the second photo onto a layer? The layers tutorial has me start with a group of layers that already exist.
How did they get that way?

Thanks,
MrB
KB
Kenny_B._Wolin
Jun 3, 2005
Richard:

Open a photo. Under Select, choose "select all." Under Edit, choose "copy." Then open your next photo and under Edit, choose "paste." Now the first photo will be a layer on top of the second photo. (Make sure your layers palette is open so you can see their positions.)

There are some keyboard shortcuts that can speed things along, but this should get you started.

Hope it helps and that it’s not too confusing.

—— Kenny
RO
Richard_Oliver_Brooks
Jun 3, 2005
Kenny,
Thanks. It worked. I knew it had to be easy, just didn’t get the right combo.
MS
Mark_Sand
Jun 4, 2005
Richard,
Before doing the copy/paste, it is good practice to change the resolution of the source photo to match that of the destination photo.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections