PS
Posted By
Paul_Smyth
May 31, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using PSE 3 on OS X. My images are RAW 4048 x 3040 pixels. I open the image in PSE using the RAW converter. When I try to print at say 8×10 inches the Print Dialog displays the message "Image will print at less than 220 dpi at the selected size. I have to go to less than 50% before this message disappears. This surely cannot be right? If I print from PhotoShop 6 at 360 pixels per inch resolution I can print at 8×10 inches with no problem. My printer is an Epson Stylus Color 740 and I have tried both the Panther Epson drivers and the latest GIMP drivers. Anybody else seeing this problem? My gut feeling is that PSE is incorrectly reporting this message when it shuldn’t and I can probably ignore it. Further weirdness. If I choose 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm (one of the built in print sizes it displays the scaled print size as 41.5% and the warning message is not shown. If I now change the scale to say 70% then no warning message appears!! Even if I go to 100%! Flakey or what? Or am I missing something. Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CW
Colin_Woodbridge
May 31, 2005
Paul…..

Many of us have seen this and believe it is a bug in Elements 3.

I think you’re safe to ignore it.

Colin
PS
Paul_Smyth
Jun 1, 2005
Thanks Colin,

I’ve been looking for mention of this issue online for a while now but hadn’t found anything specific so thought I’d try posting here.

Paul

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections