Posted By
Charles_Derer
May 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I’m trying to reinstall PE2.0 on a BW G3 OS 10.3. I type in the pass word which I’ve had since new only now I’m told it is wrong. What am I doing wrong?
Regards,
Charles Derer

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 30, 2005
Are you getting a specific error message? If so, please tell us what it is. And, you are inputting all 24 digits, aren’t you? Some people can locate a 20 digit number and assume they’ve got it all.
CD
Charles_Derer
May 31, 2005
The message I get is,"Invalid serial number". I’m inputting all 24 digits sometimes including the dash between the sets of four, sometimes running all the digits together.
Regards,
Charles Derer
N
nannygoat
May 31, 2005
Charles,

It has been a long time since I installed, but I don’t think the dashes should be part of the serial number. Did you try a space between the sets?

Are you installing using an Administrator account?

edit—being a Windows user, not sure how the Admin account relates to a Mac.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 31, 2005
What I do remember is that I had to be persistent. When I had to reload the software, I’d sometimes get that message, too. If I just kept putting it in, over and over, eventually it "took." Definitely without the dash, though.

If the error message is specific to the number, it doesn’t sound like an account issue. But I’ve been wrong before, so this wouldn’t be the first time. 🙁
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 31, 2005
You might want to go to Library>application support>Adobe and trash the Adobe registration database file, in case that got corrupted. (Note that this is the top level Library, not your user library.)
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 31, 2005
I should have mentioned that if trash the registration database, you’ll have to re-enter the serial numbers of any other Adobe products you have. You may not have the database file, either, if you’ve done an erase install of your operating system.
CD
Charles_Derer
May 31, 2005
I went back to OS9.2.2 to see if it would install there. It wouldn’t for the same reason, invalid serial number.
Prior to this reinstallation problem I initialized my hard drive and partitioned it for OS9 and OS 10. All of my other software reinstalled easily.
Thanks all,
Chuck Derer
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 31, 2005
In that case, are you really sure you’ve got the right set of numbers? There’s no other explanation I can think of at this point.
CD
Charles_Derer
May 31, 2005
Thanks Barbara,
I’m using the serial numbers that came with the cd rom. I may send it back to Adobe, maybe they have an explanation. This cd rom has no value to me.
Thanks again,
Chuck Derer
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 31, 2005
But you were able to install before, using those numbers?
CD
Charles_Derer
Jun 1, 2005
Barbara
Yes, it installed before and I have used it. It is only since I initialized and partitioned my harddrive that I’ve had this problem.
Regards,
Chuck Derer
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 1, 2005
Chuck, did you leave out the BSD subsystem when you reinitialized? Adobe products need this to work.
CD
Charles_Derer
Jun 1, 2005
Barbara,
You ‘ve got me there. What is the BSD subsystem?
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 1, 2005
Okay, then you have it. There’s an option not to install it when you reformat your drive, but if you didn’t check it, you’re okay there. You didn’t change the drive formatting from mac extended, did you?
CD
Charles_Derer
Jun 3, 2005
Barbara,
I’ve tried to use this PE2.0 install cd on a few other machines, some using OS9. The serial number shows invalid on all of them. It’s as if I have the wrong cd but I don’t. Has this cd somehow become corrupt?
Regards,
Charles Derer
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 3, 2005
That’s almost impossible, Charles, and I’m sorry to say I don’t think Adobe will be very willing to work under that assumption, either. Did you register this copy of PE? If so, I’d give Adobe a call (the contact numbers are listed above) and ask them for your serial number, just to be sure you’re using the right one.
N
nannygoat
Jun 3, 2005
Charles,

There are no letters in the serial—they are all numbers.
CD
Charles_Derer
Jun 4, 2005
Thanks Barbara, I will contact Adobe direct.
nannygoat, I may have commited some Bush speak when I wrote "Password", I meant serial number.
Again, Thanks all,
Chuck Derer

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections