MB
Posted By
Mike_Buckley
May 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been using Elements 1.0 for about a year and prior to today have had no problems. After installing a new video card (the old one died), suddenly unsharp mask does not work. Coincidence?

When I click on unsharp mask, the dialogue box that allows me to control the parameters does not appear. Instead, the image is sharpened beyond my control. Worse, everything is then frozen up. It’s not even possible to exit the program.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Elements twice with no success.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin Walls
May 30, 2005
Reset prefs. Hold down CTRL/ALT/SHIFT immediately on starting the program and accept the dialog.

The next thing to try, if that doesn’t work, is turn off video acceleration.
MB
Mike_Buckley
May 30, 2005
Thank you, Colin. I’m not sure what happened, but it works now. I did CTRL/ALT/SHIFT and that didn’t solve the problem. So I uninstalled and reinstalled again and the problem was solved.
CW
Colin Walls
May 30, 2005
I did CTRL/ALT/SHIFT and that didn’t solve the problem

Did you get the dialog? If not, the keystoke wasn’t recognised.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections