Posted By
Michael_Walton
Aug 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi,

i’ve made a cd label in photoshop. there is a brief paragraph of text in the lower left of the label. the paragraph is square shaped, which causes the text inside of it to be square.

need to make this paragraph follow the outline of the edge of the CD label so the text will flow parallel to the shape of the cd label.

is it possible to do this in either photoshop CS or CS2? here’s a rough example of what i mean

instead
of the text
being like this, in a
square box, it will

be like this
following the path
of the round label in
a circular shape.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Aug 28, 2007
see the help file for text on a path.
JJ
John_Joslin
Aug 28, 2007
I think he wants ‘text inside a shape’, not ‘text on a path’.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 28, 2007
a shape can be a path, no?
MW
Michael_Walton
Aug 28, 2007
hi – yes i think thats what it is – text inside of a round shape to make the margins follow the shape of the object.

can this be done in PS CS?
DM
Don_McCahill
Aug 28, 2007
Yes. Use Dave’s advice to do text on a path.
JJ
John_Joslin
Aug 28, 2007
I thought I knew what ‘text on a path’ could and couldn’t do.

Anyone care to demonstrate?

Otherwise I can just suggest the Abe Lincoln method which is not ‘text on a path’.
MW
Michael_Walton
Aug 28, 2007
ok thanks for the tips. i figured it out – drew a shape, converted it to path, pointed text tool at it and added the rounded text.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 28, 2007
damn, it’s a rare day when i can get john a tip! 🙂

cheers!
JJ
John_Joslin
Aug 28, 2007
😉
QP
Q_Photo
Aug 29, 2007
Dave,
John is a very intelligent person. Only a few people are aware how much he contributed to both "The White Album" and "Abbey Road". It’s just a shame the conflicts he later caused that lead to the band breaking up. And, of course, we all know of his major involvement concerning the printing "improvements" he introduced to CS3…
Q
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 29, 2007
🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections