msvcr80.dll Photoshop Crashing Windows XP (32bit not 64bit)

F
Posted By
fcastro
Aug 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all I am running CS3 now and photoshop seems to crash randomly citing msvcr80.dll as the problem. I am running Microsoft intellipiont 6.1 on windows 32bit and not 64bit. I read about those drivers causing issues on the 64bit of windows but not on the 32bit version.

Any thoughts?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
Jim
Aug 28, 2007
wrote in message
Hi all I am running CS3 now and photoshop seems to crash randomly citing msvcr80.dll as the problem. I am running Microsoft intellipiont 6.1 on windows 32bit and not 64bit. I read about those drivers causing issues on the 64bit of windows but not on the 32bit version.

Any thoughts?
What driver? msvcr80.dll is not a driver. Searching the internet for this file reveals a lot of repair activity.
Jim
F
fcastro
Aug 29, 2007
FYI apparently the software also causes problems in the 32bit of windows so you must revert to microsofts intellipoint 5.5 software.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections