LH
Posted By
Lois_Heidrick
May 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Now that I have successfully installed Elements 3, what is the BEST way to uninstall Elements 2?

I’ve read that both programs share some of the same files. I don’t see any "uninstall" choice on the installation disc.

I hope someone can give me clear and precise instructions.

I’m using Mac OS X 3.9

thanks in advance.

Lois

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 25, 2005
On your Mac, you don’t have to do anything too special. Just go into your application folder and drag Elements 2 into the Trash. You should also go into your User>Library and take out the Settings folder and Paths folder for PSE 2.0, and grab the com.adobe.photoshop.elements.plist file while you’re in there and trash it, too.

What you’ve been reading has probably been in conjunction with PSE 3.0 on Windows. There is a file that can be accidentally removed from it during an uninstall of PSE 2.0, and it effects the monitor calibration utility. That doesn’t exist for the Mac.
MD
malcolm_denton
May 25, 2005
PSE2 & PSE3 co-exist quite happily on my Mac running 10.3.9 so why bother to remove PSE2.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections