TP
Posted By
Ted_Pietrzak
May 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After installing photoshop elements 3.0, I find that Adobe Photo downloader is suddenly the default photo download application. I strongly prefer to go back to allowing the camera utilities to be the default download application. How can I get the adobe photo downloader to stop popping up when I try to download pictures? Frankly, I would strongly prefer to remove that little utility from the system if I can do that without upsetting Elements.

FWIW, I have a Canon Powershot G2 and I’m version 4.6.1 of the canon utilities on a Windows XP SP2 system.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

O
o3v3tz
May 25, 2005
see the following FAQ

Jim JΓΌtte, "Services cause Poor Performance, Lost devices, Hangs, etc (Win)." #, 30 Mar 2005 8:49 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>

Barb O
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 25, 2005
Hi Ted …

Someone else had a similar problem a couple of days ago .. so here is a link to that:

Byron Gale, "Disabling photo downloader" #1, 20 May 2005 1:32 pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>

Hope it helps πŸ™‚

Wendy
G
Graham
May 25, 2005
wrote in message
After installing photoshop elements 3.0, I find that Adobe Photo downloader is suddenly the default photo download application. I strongly prefer to go back to allowing the camera utilities to be the default download application. How can I get the adobe photo downloader to stop popping up when I try to download pictures? Frankly, I would strongly prefer to remove that little utility from the system if I can do that without upsetting Elements.

FWIW, I have a Canon Powershot G2 and I’m version 4.6.1 of the canon utilities on a Windows XP SP2 system.

On the Elements 3 "Organizer" screen click on — Edit
Preferences
Camera or Cardreader
then de-select "Use Adobe to get photos … etc
TP
Ted_Pietrzak
May 25, 2005
That did it…thanks for the very prompt and capable help!!! πŸ™‚
KD
Ken_Dalsing
May 31, 2005
Is there a way to change the downloader from all pictures stored in the camera to just the new ones that have not been downloaded?
CW
Colin Walls
May 31, 2005
Is there a way to change the downloader from all pictures stored in the camera to just the new ones that have not been downloaded?

You can only select manually. Why do you want to leave stuff on the card? I’m always keen to maximize my picture storage space in the camera.
KD
Ken_Dalsing
May 31, 2005
Colin: When one has 50 or 60 pictures stored on the card I just do not want to deselect each and everyone of them except for maybe 3 or for new ones! This would not be bad if I could deselect all and then select just the new ones. I like to show all the pics when visiting with family, and with a full Gig of storage this is not a problem for me.
O
o3v3tz
May 31, 2005
Ken,

I don’t think that you need to deselect individual photo files. My experience is that if I just leave them all checked, then the Organizer will give me messages for the ones it skipped becasue they were duplicates.

Barb O
KD
Ken_Dalsing
Jun 1, 2005
Barb O: Thank you o so very much, I will give that a try the next time I use the camera.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections